Aug 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
And it was all The Great One’s idea.
Aug 9, 2011, 11:57 PM EDT
Plenty has been made of what the trade meant for Sunbelt hockey, the Edmonton Oilers, and Canadian hockey as a whole. But sometimes the immeasurable impact Gretzky’s trade had on the local Southern California market gets lost in the mix.
Oct 15, 2010, 10:49 AM EDT
Former Edmonton Oilers owner Peter Pocklington has been dealing with some legal issues lately, as the man many people blame for The Wayne Gretzky Trade pleaded guilty for perjury charges in a bankruptcy case. Pocklington was supposed to find out what kind of sentence he will face – he’s hoping to avoid jail time in…
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 77
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32