May 10, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Mike Richards is among the Flyers players who will need off-season surgery, but most of today’s focus was on his testy relationship with the media and the quality of his leadership.
May 7, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Yes, the Flyers are done and out of the playoffs after being swept by the Bruins. Gee, I wonder what might make the list of what went wrong?
May 7, 2011, 11:36 AM EDT
The end of the Bruins-Flyers series has given us a lot to think about ranging from goaltending, to defense, to coaching matchups in the next round.
May 4, 2011, 3:43 AM EDT
The Flyers know that their goalies are unlikely to “steal” games for them, but Peter Laviolette won’t lay all the blame on his netminders.
May 1, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
It’s not the goaltending’s complete fault for what went wrong against the Bruins in Game 1, the Flyers defense shares a big part of the blame as well.
Apr 22, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
The Sabres put the Flyers on the brink of elimination with a 4-3 overtime win in Game 5 all thanks to rookie Tyler Ennis.
Apr 18, 2011, 12:15 PM EDT
The Flyers reportedly decided to go with Brian Boucher instead of Sergei Bobrovsky in Game 3. If that wasn’t enough, it also appears that Michael Leighton will back up Boucher instead of Bobrovsky.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
In our Five Thoughts we help you learn to love the shutout in the playoffs. After six shutouts through 16 games, it’s easy to get nervous. Relax kids, it’s all fun. We’ve also got worries for Boston and San Jose.
Apr 6, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
If you thought there would be a goalie controversy heading into the playoffs for the Philadelphia Flyers, think again. The Flyers are going with “Bob.”
Apr 1, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
With Chris Pronger out for the rest of the regular season, Flyers’ head coach Peter Laviolette has been leaning on Andrej Meszaros to fill the void.
Mar 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
April 3rd’s NBC Game of the Week has been picked out and one of the top rivalries in the Eastern Conference as the Rangers head to Philly to take on the Flyers.
Mar 7, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
If you’ve been looking for a reason why the Flyers have slumped of late, coach Peter Laviolette says he’s to blame.
Mar 5, 2011, 11:31 PM EDT
After fighting for their playoff lives last season, the Flyers have been able to cruise to the top spot in the East in 2010-11. Yet for the first time this season, they’re really struggling. Every team stumbles a bit, but real question is: why? Here’s our explanation.
Jan 28, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
A coin flip determined the All-Star Game coaches: Joel Quenneville will sit behind the bench for Team Staal while Alain Vigneault and Peter Laviolette will coach Team Lidstrom.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
Darren Eliot of Sports Illustrated thinks that the neutral zone trap is starting to creep its way back into the league. Click “Read More” to find out the details.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This year’s Philadelphia Flyers look an awful lot like last season’s Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. Read this post to see why.
Jan 8, 2011, 8:11 PM EDT
Joel Quenneville finds out who he’ll be coaching against at the All-Star Game in Raleigh in a few weeks.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:48 AM EDT
Chris Pronger missed the third period against Montreal with a lower body injury. Uh oh?
Nov 10, 2010, 4:12 PM EDT
The Flyers have made former first round pick James van Riemsdyk a healthy scratch in the last couple games. Will that motivate the budding power forward?
Oct 30, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
One time Flyers starting goalie Michael Leighton is back on the ice rehabbing his injured back. But will he have a job when he returns to the Flyers lineup?
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)