Apr 22, 2011, 11:08 PM EST
The Sabres put the Flyers on the brink of elimination with a 4-3 overtime win in Game 5 all thanks to rookie Tyler Ennis.
Apr 18, 2011, 12:15 PM EST
The Flyers reportedly decided to go with Brian Boucher instead of Sergei Bobrovsky in Game 3. If that wasn’t enough, it also appears that Michael Leighton will back up Boucher instead of Bobrovsky.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
In our Five Thoughts we help you learn to love the shutout in the playoffs. After six shutouts through 16 games, it’s easy to get nervous. Relax kids, it’s all fun. We’ve also got worries for Boston and San Jose.
Apr 6, 2011, 4:47 PM EST
If you thought there would be a goalie controversy heading into the playoffs for the Philadelphia Flyers, think again. The Flyers are going with “Bob.”
Apr 1, 2011, 6:54 PM EST
With Chris Pronger out for the rest of the regular season, Flyers’ head coach Peter Laviolette has been leaning on Andrej Meszaros to fill the void.
Mar 17, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
April 3rd’s NBC Game of the Week has been picked out and one of the top rivalries in the Eastern Conference as the Rangers head to Philly to take on the Flyers.
Mar 7, 2011, 2:35 PM EST
If you’ve been looking for a reason why the Flyers have slumped of late, coach Peter Laviolette says he’s to blame.
Mar 5, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
After fighting for their playoff lives last season, the Flyers have been able to cruise to the top spot in the East in 2010-11. Yet for the first time this season, they’re really struggling. Every team stumbles a bit, but real question is: why? Here’s our explanation.
Jan 28, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
A coin flip determined the All-Star Game coaches: Joel Quenneville will sit behind the bench for Team Staal while Alain Vigneault and Peter Laviolette will coach Team Lidstrom.
Jan 25, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
Darren Eliot of Sports Illustrated thinks that the neutral zone trap is starting to creep its way back into the league. Click “Read More” to find out the details.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
This year’s Philadelphia Flyers look an awful lot like last season’s Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. Read this post to see why.
Jan 8, 2011, 8:11 PM EST
Joel Quenneville finds out who he’ll be coaching against at the All-Star Game in Raleigh in a few weeks.
Dec 16, 2010, 3:48 AM EST
Chris Pronger missed the third period against Montreal with a lower body injury. Uh oh?
Nov 10, 2010, 4:12 PM EST
The Flyers have made former first round pick James van Riemsdyk a healthy scratch in the last couple games. Will that motivate the budding power forward?
Oct 30, 2010, 10:50 PM EST
One time Flyers starting goalie Michael Leighton is back on the ice rehabbing his injured back. But will he have a job when he returns to the Flyers lineup?
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 5
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 75
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 13
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 88
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (85)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)