Nov 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Scored 249 goals and 885 points over 13 NHL seasons.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EST
Peter Forsberg’s election helped cement the argument.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Oct 13, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
His forced trade to Philadelphia changed two franchises.
Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
Elias Lindholm should go high in the 2013 draft.
May 7, 2012, 12:58 PM EST
From his Capitals teammates, mind you.
Jan 12, 2012, 11:34 PM EST
Call it Forsbergian if you’d like.
Dec 21, 2011, 1:03 PM EST
Hey, who doesn’t lose 3-0 to Slovakia with a lineup filled with stars?
Dec 19, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
“When you put that jersey on, you want to win games.”
Dec 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Peter Forsberg says they helped make their road to gold a lot easier by losing. That and more in the morning skate.
Dec 8, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
What Nick Foligno (!!!) did against Washington last night made us all think of Peter Forsberg.
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
After 12 seasons and an injury riddled 2010-2011 season, Chris Drury is hanging it up for good and retiring from the NHL leaving a legacy as a leader and clutch performer.
Aug 11, 2011, 8:27 PM EST
The Avalanche sweaters might be pretty good, but compared to what they were running with in their past it’s tough to keep up with a legendary look.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
May 27, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
How good was Minnesota Wild prospect Mikael Granlund’s goal at the 2011 World Championships? Finland put it on a stamp.
May 2, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
Ulf Samuelsson will be the next head coach for Swedish Elite League team MODO, leaving his spot as the assistant coach of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Apr 20, 2011, 2:39 PM EST
After what looks like his final failed NHL comeback, Peter Forsberg begins his post-playing career as the assistant GM for MODO of the Swedish Elite League.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Feb 14, 2011, 9:27 PM EST
Peter Forsberg’s retirement from the NHL makes fans in Denver and throughout the world a little sadder today.
Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
Peter Forsberg’s comeback is over. There’s a good chance that he’ll never play another NHL game.
Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Peter Forsberg looked pretty solid in his first NHL game in three years, but the Avalanche were still hapless in their sixth straight loss, as Columbus beat them 3-1.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
It’s official: Peter Forsberg makes his return to NHL action tonight against Columbus.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM EST
The Predators attempted to fill a serious need at center by acquiring Mike Fisher from the Senators, sending their 2011 first rounder and a conditional 2012 pick that could be a second or third rounder to Ottawa. Somewhere, Carrie Underwood is smiling.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Visa issues will keep Peter Forsberg out of Colorado’s upcoming game against the Wild, but he’s expected to return against Columbus or Nashville this weekend.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)