Nov 17, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Scored 249 goals and 885 points over 13 NHL seasons.
Jun 24, 2014, 8:30 AM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s election helped cement the argument.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Oct 13, 2012, 1:45 PM EDT
His forced trade to Philadelphia changed two franchises.
Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Elias Lindholm should go high in the 2013 draft.
May 7, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
From his Capitals teammates, mind you.
Jan 12, 2012, 11:34 PM EDT
Call it Forsbergian if you’d like.
Dec 21, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Hey, who doesn’t lose 3-0 to Slovakia with a lineup filled with stars?
Dec 19, 2011, 6:37 PM EDT
“When you put that jersey on, you want to win games.”
Dec 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Peter Forsberg says they helped make their road to gold a lot easier by losing. That and more in the morning skate.
Dec 8, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
What Nick Foligno (!!!) did against Washington last night made us all think of Peter Forsberg.
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
After 12 seasons and an injury riddled 2010-2011 season, Chris Drury is hanging it up for good and retiring from the NHL leaving a legacy as a leader and clutch performer.
Aug 11, 2011, 8:27 PM EDT
The Avalanche sweaters might be pretty good, but compared to what they were running with in their past it’s tough to keep up with a legendary look.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
May 27, 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
How good was Minnesota Wild prospect Mikael Granlund’s goal at the 2011 World Championships? Finland put it on a stamp.
May 2, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Ulf Samuelsson will be the next head coach for Swedish Elite League team MODO, leaving his spot as the assistant coach of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Apr 20, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
After what looks like his final failed NHL comeback, Peter Forsberg begins his post-playing career as the assistant GM for MODO of the Swedish Elite League.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Feb 14, 2011, 9:27 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s retirement from the NHL makes fans in Denver and throughout the world a little sadder today.
Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg’s comeback is over. There’s a good chance that he’ll never play another NHL game.
Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EDT
Peter Forsberg looked pretty solid in his first NHL game in three years, but the Avalanche were still hapless in their sixth straight loss, as Columbus beat them 3-1.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
It’s official: Peter Forsberg makes his return to NHL action tonight against Columbus.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
The Predators attempted to fill a serious need at center by acquiring Mike Fisher from the Senators, sending their 2011 first rounder and a conditional 2012 pick that could be a second or third rounder to Ottawa. Somewhere, Carrie Underwood is smiling.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EDT
Visa issues will keep Peter Forsberg out of Colorado’s upcoming game against the Wild, but he’s expected to return against Columbus or Nashville this weekend.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)