Oct 13, 2012, 1:45 PM EST
His forced trade to Philadelphia changed two franchises.
Sep 23, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
Elias Lindholm should go high in the 2013 draft.
May 7, 2012, 12:58 PM EST
From his Capitals teammates, mind you.
Jan 12, 2012, 11:34 PM EST
Call it Forsbergian if you’d like.
Dec 21, 2011, 1:03 PM EST
Hey, who doesn’t lose 3-0 to Slovakia with a lineup filled with stars?
Dec 19, 2011, 6:37 PM EST
“When you put that jersey on, you want to win games.”
Dec 19, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Peter Forsberg says they helped make their road to gold a lot easier by losing. That and more in the morning skate.
Dec 8, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
What Nick Foligno (!!!) did against Washington last night made us all think of Peter Forsberg.
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Aug 19, 2011, 12:03 PM EST
After 12 seasons and an injury riddled 2010-2011 season, Chris Drury is hanging it up for good and retiring from the NHL leaving a legacy as a leader and clutch performer.
Aug 11, 2011, 8:27 PM EST
The Avalanche sweaters might be pretty good, but compared to what they were running with in their past it’s tough to keep up with a legendary look.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
May 27, 2011, 12:24 PM EST
How good was Minnesota Wild prospect Mikael Granlund’s goal at the 2011 World Championships? Finland put it on a stamp.
May 2, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
Ulf Samuelsson will be the next head coach for Swedish Elite League team MODO, leaving his spot as the assistant coach of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Apr 20, 2011, 2:39 PM EST
After what looks like his final failed NHL comeback, Peter Forsberg begins his post-playing career as the assistant GM for MODO of the Swedish Elite League.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Feb 14, 2011, 9:27 PM EST
Peter Forsberg’s retirement from the NHL makes fans in Denver and throughout the world a little sadder today.
Feb 14, 2011, 12:28 PM EST
Peter Forsberg’s comeback is over. There’s a good chance that he’ll never play another NHL game.
Feb 11, 2011, 10:03 PM EST
Peter Forsberg looked pretty solid in his first NHL game in three years, but the Avalanche were still hapless in their sixth straight loss, as Columbus beat them 3-1.
Feb 11, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
It’s official: Peter Forsberg makes his return to NHL action tonight against Columbus.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM EST
The Predators attempted to fill a serious need at center by acquiring Mike Fisher from the Senators, sending their 2011 first rounder and a conditional 2012 pick that could be a second or third rounder to Ottawa. Somewhere, Carrie Underwood is smiling.
Feb 9, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Visa issues will keep Peter Forsberg out of Colorado’s upcoming game against the Wild, but he’s expected to return against Columbus or Nashville this weekend.
Feb 7, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
While most of those problems will likely be related to his health – particularly an eternally wonky foot – immigration issues present the first hurdle for Peter Forsberg’s latest NHL return.
Feb 6, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
For better or for worse, Peter Forsberg decided to resume his NHL career with the Colorado Avalanche, according to Adrian Dater. Dater reports that Forsberg will not play in Monday’s game against the Phoenix Coyotes, though. Forsberg needed to make a decision (and sign a contract) by the end of today to be able to…
Feb 6, 2011, 12:40 AM EST
NHL.com reports that Peter Forsberg could make a decision regarding his latest comeback attempt as early as Sunday.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 48
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (49)