Oct 11, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe stands out as a player who can drop the gloves and fill the net. Read this post to find out who else ranks as a “mini-enforcer.”
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Sep 15, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes prospect Brett Hextall has a name you may recognize. If you saw him on the ice, you’d see it’s more than just a name that he shares with his well-known father.
Jun 10, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Brad Marchand is a rare example of a pest who brings so much more to the table than he takes away, he might deserve a new title entirely.
May 15, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler’s star status is now undeniable, but he’s taken quite a journey to get to this point. Versus put together a great video look at how he went from a solid but occasionally self-destructive pest into a full-fledged star.
Apr 1, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand’s golf-swing taunt backfired last night, as the Maple Leafs used it (plus some Bruins errors) to make a thunderous comeback. Marchand still needs to find the right balance in his pestering game.
Oct 17, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
When it comes to pesky players such as Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta, there’s a fine line between doing your job (frustrating opponents into penalties) and hurting your own team by taking bad penalties. There are times when such tomfoolery just falls flat on its face, though. Wednesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils provided…
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)