Oct 11, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe stands out as a player who can drop the gloves and fill the net. Read this post to find out who else ranks as a “mini-enforcer.”
Oct 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
As PHT speculated about a week ago, the Rangers decided to waive pest Sean Avery. It marks another low point in a career that’s starting to have far more valleys than peaks and begs the question about the 31-year-old forward’s future.
Sep 15, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Phoenix Coyotes prospect Brett Hextall has a name you may recognize. If you saw him on the ice, you’d see it’s more than just a name that he shares with his well-known father.
Jun 10, 2011, 4:22 PM EDT
Brad Marchand is a rare example of a pest who brings so much more to the table than he takes away, he might deserve a new title entirely.
May 15, 2011, 10:12 PM EDT
Ryan Kesler’s star status is now undeniable, but he’s taken quite a journey to get to this point. Versus put together a great video look at how he went from a solid but occasionally self-destructive pest into a full-fledged star.
Apr 1, 2011, 12:21 PM EDT
Brad Marchand’s golf-swing taunt backfired last night, as the Maple Leafs used it (plus some Bruins errors) to make a thunderous comeback. Marchand still needs to find the right balance in his pestering game.
Oct 17, 2010, 1:32 PM EDT
When it comes to pesky players such as Buffalo Sabres pest Patrick Kaleta, there’s a fine line between doing your job (frustrating opponents into penalties) and hurting your own team by taking bad penalties. There are times when such tomfoolery just falls flat on its face, though. Wednesday’s game against the New Jersey Devils provided…
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)