Jun 15, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron and Tim Thomas are emerging as Boston’s Game 7 heroes through two periods, giving the Bruins a 3-0 lead.
Jun 15, 2011, 9:08 PM EST
Jun 1, 2011, 10:21 PM EST
A penalty-packed first two periods in Game 1 left both teams shaking their heads while a David Krejci cross-check forced Dan Hamhuis to the Canucks’ locker room. Read all about the second period in this post.
Jun 1, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
The Bruins and Canucks created a ton of chances in a wide-open first period, but the score remained 0-0 because of brilliant work by Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo.
May 22, 2011, 4:15 PM EST
The Canucks survived three penalties in the first period, but will give the Sharks another two minute man advantage to start the second. This post recaps the ups and downs of a scoreless opening frame.
Apr 30, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
The Flyers’ goalies issues continued in Game 1, as Brian Boucher was pulled late in the second period. The Bruins enter the second intermission with a commanding 5-2 lead.
Apr 30, 2011, 4:17 PM EST
The Nathan Horton-Milan Lucic-David Krejci carried the momentum from earning the Bruins’ Game 7 OT goal into the first period, creating both of Boston’s goals to give them a 2-1 lead over the Flyers.
Apr 24, 2011, 6:18 PM EST
Scott Hartnell scored the only goal of the third period to tie the game 4-4, sending Game 6 to overtime. Read this post for a recap of the action up to this point.
Apr 24, 2011, 5:29 PM EST
The Flyers stormed back to tie the game up 3-3 in the second period, but the Sabres gained revenge on a dirty Mike Richards hit when Nathan Gerbe made in 4-3. The Flyers must score in the third period to keep their season alive.
Apr 24, 2011, 4:24 PM EST
The pre-game worries were justified, as Michael Leighton totally flopped in allowing three Sabres goals on only eight shots. Buffalo earned a 3-1 first period lead as they took advantage of Flyers’ gaffes.
Apr 16, 2011, 3:17 PM EST
Despite some signs of life from the Coyotes, the Red Wings maintained their three-goal lead going into the third period, with the score being 4-1.
Apr 16, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
Pavel Datsyuk and the Red Wings power play dominated the first period, as Detroit generated a 3-0 lead on the floundering Coyotes.
Apr 10, 2011, 2:22 PM EST
Thanks to mistakes by Chicago and despite errors by referees, Detroit earned a 2-1 lead in the second period.
Apr 10, 2011, 1:25 PM EST
The first period of Chicago’s big game against Detroit ended in a 0-0 tie, but the score doesn’t tell the story of a fast paced first frame.
Apr 3, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Ruslan Fedetenko took a big hit but also scored the only goal to give the Rangers a 2-1 lead during a busy second between New York and Philadelphia.
Apr 3, 2011, 1:32 PM EST
Bryan McCabe scored a goal with less than a second left in the first period to lock the NBC Game of the Week up at 1-1.
Mar 20, 2011, 2:10 PM EST
Despite out-shooting the Rangers 19-7 in the second period, the Penguins remained tied with New York 1-1 after two.
Mar 20, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
Jordan Staal scored for the Penguins while Artem Anisimov provided the Rangers’ tally to lock both teams up at 1-1 after the first period of the latest NBC Game of the Week.
Mar 13, 2011, 2:18 PM EST
Here’s the second period update for a feisty, entertaining 2-2 game between Chicago and Washington.
Mar 13, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
Point play and the Capitals’ opportunistic special teams unit were the story of the first period of Sunday’s NBC Game of the Week, as Washington earned a 2-1 lead over Chicago.
Mar 6, 2011, 2:28 PM EST
The Rangers chased Brian Boucher from the Flyers net in the second period, as Ryan Callahan earned his first career hat trick in a 4-0 game.
Mar 6, 2011, 1:29 PM EST
Ryan Callahan and the New York Rangers came storming out of the gate in this game, as the gritty and talented forward scored two goals to give the team a 2-0 lead. Yet when many discuss this period, the officiating might steal the spotlight.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)