May 22, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The story of the first period revolved around Vancouver’s lack of discipline and San Jose’s inability to capitalize on their PP chances. The second period offered a stark contrast: the Sharks coughed up bad mistakes and the Canucks made them pay dearly, scoring three 5-on-3 goals in two stunning minutes.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
The Capitals bolstered their lead to 2-0 thanks to a Marcus Johansson shorthanded goal, but it could have been worse for Pittsburgh if Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t make some huge saves.
Feb 6, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Capitals took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission of a physical NBC Game of the Week with the Penguins.
- Treliving would be ‘shocked’ if Bennett sticks with Flames in 14-15 0
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 15
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 41
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22