May 22, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The story of the first period revolved around Vancouver’s lack of discipline and San Jose’s inability to capitalize on their PP chances. The second period offered a stark contrast: the Sharks coughed up bad mistakes and the Canucks made them pay dearly, scoring three 5-on-3 goals in two stunning minutes.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
The Capitals bolstered their lead to 2-0 thanks to a Marcus Johansson shorthanded goal, but it could have been worse for Pittsburgh if Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t make some huge saves.
Feb 6, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Capitals took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission of a physical NBC Game of the Week with the Penguins.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5