May 22, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The story of the first period revolved around Vancouver’s lack of discipline and San Jose’s inability to capitalize on their PP chances. The second period offered a stark contrast: the Sharks coughed up bad mistakes and the Canucks made them pay dearly, scoring three 5-on-3 goals in two stunning minutes.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
The Capitals bolstered their lead to 2-0 thanks to a Marcus Johansson shorthanded goal, but it could have been worse for Pittsburgh if Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t make some huge saves.
Feb 6, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Capitals took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission of a physical NBC Game of the Week with the Penguins.
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 1
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 4
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 26
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 41
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 11
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)