May 22, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
The story of the first period revolved around Vancouver’s lack of discipline and San Jose’s inability to capitalize on their PP chances. The second period offered a stark contrast: the Sharks coughed up bad mistakes and the Canucks made them pay dearly, scoring three 5-on-3 goals in two stunning minutes.
Feb 6, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
The Capitals bolstered their lead to 2-0 thanks to a Marcus Johansson shorthanded goal, but it could have been worse for Pittsburgh if Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t make some huge saves.
Feb 6, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
The Capitals took a 1-0 lead into the first intermission of a physical NBC Game of the Week with the Penguins.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (36)