Mar 23, 2011, 9:13 PM EDT
The Predators keep plugging along toward a potential playoff berth and could benefit from the return of Cal O’Reilly and Steve Sullivan sometime soon. Read this post for information on that along with the lowdown on a huge week for the Preds.
Mar 20, 2011, 6:14 PM EDT
Barry Trotz’s Nashville Predators are hoping to get back to the playoffs. They’ve got a tough road ahead as Mike Milbury and Pierre McGuire discussed today.
Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
Who should be the MVP? Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury discuss their choices, including Jonathan Toews, Daniel Sedin, Nicklas Lidstrom, Carey Price, Tim Thomas and Pekka Rinne.
Mar 7, 2011, 1:00 AM EDT
Jarome Iginla joined an exclusive club by scoring his 30th goal of the season tonight. Helping the Flames earn a victory is pretty sweet too.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:06 AM EDT
Make it three wins in a row for Chicago as they shutout the Predators in Nashville. In the crazy Western Conference, a hot streak does wonders for a team’s confidence.
Feb 21, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Predators were worried that under-the-radar defenseman Ryan Suter might miss significant time with an upper body injury, but Barry Trotz seems “encouraged” that he’ll be back by Thursday.
Jan 27, 2011, 2:18 AM EDT
With all the stars on the ice in Vancouver, it’d be rookie Lee Sweatt scoring his first NHL goal and making it count big as the game-winner over Nashville.
Jan 25, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Pekka Rinne barely edged Braden Holtby for the January 17-23rd Save of the Week.
Jan 24, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
Cast your vote in the poll to determine which goalie made the Save of the Week: Pekka Rinne, Braden Holtby, Ryan Miller, Kari Lehtonen, Mathieu Garon or Dan Ellis.
Jan 24, 2011, 10:50 AM EDT
Pekka Rinne dropped his stick in the perfect spot to make the Save of the Night for January 23rd.
Jan 23, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
The Predators are one of the hottest teams in the NHL right now, as they’ve won three in a row and 10 of their last 12 games.
Dec 3, 2010, 1:18 PM EDT
The details regarding the exact injury – and its severity – are unclear, but Pekka Rinne’s agent reports that he’ll miss some time with an unnamed injury.
Nov 17, 2010, 9:15 AM EDT[kml_flashembedmovie="http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/embed.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="245" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" fvars="hlg=20102011,2,254&event=TOR426&server=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&pageurl=http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/&nlwa=http://app2.neulion.com/videocenter/nhl/"/]
While the game started off ugly for the Maple Leafs, their roaring comeback thanks to success on the power play made all the bad things, including an eight-game losing streak, go away for the night. Mikhail Grabovsky’s second period goal past Predators netminder Pekka Rinne tied the game at the time and dazzled the Toronto…
Oct 22, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
We’re doubling our pleasure here because it’s just that good. The save of the night comes from overtime between Pittsburgh and Nashville where Pascal Dupuis bailed out his goalie Marc-Andre Fleury from losing in embarrassing fashion, preventing Cody Franson from stuffing home a loose puck off a J.P. Dumont shot. Shortly after that, Kris Letang…
Oct 19, 2010, 10:34 PM EDT
While we know the stretch of the NHL to reach all parts of the globe is ever expanding, the limits of exactly where it can go are starting to reach even further than you could believe. Sure, the NHL has started their season in Europe and Japan in the past, but how about reaching out…
Oct 13, 2010, 1:20 PM EDT
A couple of eyebrow-raising lineup choices for tonight’s games in the NHL are making waves.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 23
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 32
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)