Jan 17, 2012, 8:24 AM EST
Nashville has won five in a row heading into tonight’s battle in Manhattan.
Dec 29, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Plus four other notable numbers.
Dec 29, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
The Oilers visit Minnesota, losers of eight in a row.
Dec 23, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
His hot-and-cold season continues.
Dec 19, 2011, 12:25 PM EST
Cue the psycho laugh.
Dec 14, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Betting on the Leafs to make the playoffs, Jimmy Howard to win the Vezina, and Drew Doughty’s total points.
Dec 9, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
Tampa Bay and Philly to star in “Stallin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo”
Nov 28, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
Three games in four nights against Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
Nov 22, 2011, 11:26 PM EST
The Oilers were the bullies in Nashville tonight.
Nov 17, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
Sounds like the Preds want Suter and Suter wants the Preds.
Nov 3, 2011, 6:50 PM EST
Predators GM David Poile speaks out about the Pekka Rinne deal. The man sounds like he has a plan– for this season AND the future.
Nov 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Pekka Rinne doesn’t have to worry about becoming a free agent for another seven years. The Preds might have to worry about what they’ll do with Ryan Suter, however.
Oct 28, 2011, 2:32 PM EST
The Nashville Predators goalie robbed Vinny Lecavalier last night. Have a look…
Oct 25, 2011, 1:06 PM EST
Sharks G Antti Niemi and Preds G Pekka Rinne are like Perfect Strangers, minus the hilarious hijinx.
Oct 7, 2011, 11:31 PM EST
Jeff Carter got off to a great start in his first regular season game with the Columbus Blue Jackets. His team, however, wasn’t quite as good.
Oct 3, 2011, 9:54 PM EST
Many people critique Alex Ovechkin for an off year in 2010-11, but Bodog gives him the best odds to win the Hart Trophy next season. Check out their picks for other awards in this post.
Oct 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Sooner or later, people are going to start realizing that the Nashville Predators are a perennial playoff team. With strong coaching, defense, and goaltending, they should be in the mix for the playoffs yet again.
Sep 10, 2011, 6:44 PM EST
PHT explores an interesting question: is it wiser to try to land an elite goalie through the draft or free agency?
Aug 5, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
As eventful as the offseason has been for the Nashville Predators and their fans, it’s nothing compared to the work they have ahead next summer.
Aug 3, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
Shea Weber’s arbitration decision is a monstrous one and one that should have the Predators worried about how far they may have pushed their captain.
Aug 2, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
After months of negotiations, Shea Weber and the Nashville Predators were unable to avoid salary arbitration. Now we know why: Weber was looking for $8.5 million per season while the Predators were offering $4.75 million per season.
Jul 31, 2011, 5:54 PM EST
With the 48-hour salary arbitration window now open, both the Predators and Shea Weber’s representatives were forced to share their briefings today. What kind of money might Weber be looking for and what might the Predators offer? We look at those possibilities and plenty of other factors surrounding the complicated negotiations.
Jul 22, 2011, 8:31 PM EST
While some teams are looking to bring down their payroll, four teams still have some money left to spend to get to the salary floor.
Jul 20, 2011, 4:35 PM EST
Amid discussion of the Predators’ struggles to sign Shea Weber, there are worries that the team won’t be able to keep its “big three” of Weber, Ryan Suter and Pekka Rinne together. With that in mind, we asked our favorite Predators bloggers to name the most “expendable” player in that trio.
Jun 26, 2011, 12:09 AM EST
For the third time in the last five years, a goalie didn’t go in the first round of the draft. The Predators made Magnus Hellberg the first goalie selected by choosing him in the second round (38th overall).
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 7
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 30
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 96
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 7
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 11
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (96)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)