Jan 12, 2012, 1:08 PM EDT
And yes, Alex Ovechkin made it.
Jan 10, 2012, 12:15 PM EDT
Detroit’s leading scorer takes a seat tonight thanks to injury.
Jan 9, 2012, 5:08 PM EDT
We run down the list of candidates.
Jan 3, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
The Stars hope Kari Lehtonen’s return can help them slow down the Red Wings machine.
Dec 27, 2011, 11:25 PM EDT
St. Louis falls short of going 3-0-0 against Detroit.
Dec 16, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
To go over new league discipline rules, of course.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Blues would like to keep finding ways to frustrate the bejeezus out of Detroit. With Ken Hitchcock now at the helm, they’ll find a way to do just that.
Dec 5, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Apparently losing to the top team in the NHL is enough to make a goalie lose his mind. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 30, 2011, 2:58 PM EDT
Will Schneider start in the playoffs? Will the Preds sign Suter? Will the Caps win their division?
Nov 30, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
It’s the one game per year that Red Wings fans get all flustered about rooting for the home team. Steve Yzerman’s presence in Tampa Bay is pretty good that way.
Nov 29, 2011, 2:50 PM EDT
It’s not Tim Thomas’s job to pump a player’s tires, so we’ll do it instead.
Nov 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Dallas Stars fans can thank a Canadian for all their good fortune over the last week, the Teachers’ Pension Plan still may want to sell the Leafs for the right price, and everyone agrees the Ducks need to do something to shake things up. All that and more in today’s Morning Skate.
Nov 25, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
In case you missed it during the game, the players introduced their own lines and… Well, they’re not actors.
Nov 25, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT
It’s the first ever Thanksgiving Showdown and this one has a Bruins team looking to make it 11 wins in a row against a Wings team looking for their fourth straight win.
Nov 17, 2011, 12:27 PM EDT
Detroit sniper offers up a brutally honest self-assessment.
Nov 5, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
In what should’ve been a highlight game of the night instead features a pair of teams in desperate need of turning things around.
Nov 4, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
The Red Wings have scored just six goals in their last six games.
Nov 3, 2011, 10:14 AM EDT
If Detroit wants to snap their five game losing streak, scoring goals would go a long way towards that.
Oct 28, 2011, 1:32 PM EDT
After being eliminated by San Jose in consecutive postseasons, Detroit looks to exact some revenge.
Oct 23, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
As Lightning color analyst Bobby Taylor put it — “I don’t think Swiss watches have that many moves.”
Oct 3, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Once again, the Wings have the talent to not only make the playoffs, but do some damage once they get there. With Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom around for yet another season, just how deep can the winged-wheel go this season?
Oct 1, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound like his back problems are too serious, but the Red Wings decided to keep Pavel Datsyuk out of the team’s last two preseason games this weekend.
Sep 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EDT
Look for the Detroit Red Wings to get off to a quick start over the course of the first two months of the season. They better, because there are a few tough stretches later in the season that could cause stress in the Motor City.
Sep 28, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Danny Cleary will miss at least the rest of the preseason with an upper-body injury.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:48 PM EDT
Mikko Koivu has always been a strong two-way player, but is he good enough to win the Selke Trophy? His head coach thinks so.
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 12
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 10
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 20
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 41
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 19
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)