Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
The Red Wings placed Pavel Datsyuk on the IR to make room for minor league goalie Joey MacDonald.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Zetterberg comes up big as Detroit beats Vancouver in OT; Datsyuk likely out four weeks with broken hand
Dec 22, 2010, 10:41 PM EDT
The good news: Henrik Zetterberg shined as the Red Wings beat the Canucks. The bad news: Pavel Datsyuk could miss about a month with a broken hand.
Dec 22, 2010, 10:11 PM EDT
It’s unclear how significant the “upper body” injury might be, but Pavel Datsyuk left tonight’s game during the first period with whatever might be ailing him.
Dec 9, 2010, 1:15 AM EDT
Here are summaries of Wednesday’s five games.
Dec 7, 2010, 5:00 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk’s splendid sequence of stickhandling made some San Jose Sharks players look stupid … but voting that goal the best of the week makes PHT readers look very wise.
Dec 6, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Who scored the best goal for the week of November 29-December 5: Pavel Datsyuk, Chris Kelly, Dennis Seidenberg, Martin Havlat, Niklas Hagman, Taylor Hall or Dustin Penner? Vote in the poll to help your favorite claim the prize.
Dec 1, 2010, 10:00 AM EDT
Pavel Dastyuk’s ridiculous display of deking earned him the Goal of the Night.
Nov 24, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
Now that Alex Kovalev and Daniel Alfredsson hit the 1,000 point mark, who might be the next European to reach that plateau? Likely candidates include Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Hossa … and the Sedin twins.
Nov 22, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
Pavel Dastyuk made some jaw dropping moves and then fed Henrik Zetterberg for the goal of the night.
Nov 21, 2010, 8:27 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames had the Detroit Red Wings on the ropes, but Henrik Zetterberg and Nicklas Lidstrom helped them steal the win.
Oct 24, 2010, 12:47 AM EDT
The Red Wings and Ducks played another wild game in Detroit tonight and again it would be Pavel Datsyuk who stole the show. When the teams met earlier this year, Datsyuk earned himself a Gordie Howe hat trick scoring a goal, getting an assist and fighting Corey Perry. Tonight, Datsyuk would find a new way…
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 9
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)