Jan 9, 2012, 5:08 PM EST
We run down the list of candidates.
Jan 3, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
The Stars hope Kari Lehtonen’s return can help them slow down the Red Wings machine.
Dec 27, 2011, 11:25 PM EST
St. Louis falls short of going 3-0-0 against Detroit.
Dec 16, 2011, 11:42 AM EST
To go over new league discipline rules, of course.
Dec 6, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
The Blues would like to keep finding ways to frustrate the bejeezus out of Detroit. With Ken Hitchcock now at the helm, they’ll find a way to do just that.
Dec 5, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Apparently losing to the top team in the NHL is enough to make a goalie lose his mind. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 30, 2011, 2:58 PM EST
Will Schneider start in the playoffs? Will the Preds sign Suter? Will the Caps win their division?
Nov 30, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
It’s the one game per year that Red Wings fans get all flustered about rooting for the home team. Steve Yzerman’s presence in Tampa Bay is pretty good that way.
Nov 29, 2011, 2:50 PM EST
It’s not Tim Thomas’s job to pump a player’s tires, so we’ll do it instead.
Nov 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Dallas Stars fans can thank a Canadian for all their good fortune over the last week, the Teachers’ Pension Plan still may want to sell the Leafs for the right price, and everyone agrees the Ducks need to do something to shake things up. All that and more in today’s Morning Skate.
Nov 25, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
In case you missed it during the game, the players introduced their own lines and… Well, they’re not actors.
Nov 25, 2011, 9:20 AM EST
It’s the first ever Thanksgiving Showdown and this one has a Bruins team looking to make it 11 wins in a row against a Wings team looking for their fourth straight win.
Nov 17, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
Detroit sniper offers up a brutally honest self-assessment.
Nov 5, 2011, 1:31 PM EST
In what should’ve been a highlight game of the night instead features a pair of teams in desperate need of turning things around.
Nov 4, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
The Red Wings have scored just six goals in their last six games.
Nov 3, 2011, 10:14 AM EST
If Detroit wants to snap their five game losing streak, scoring goals would go a long way towards that.
Oct 28, 2011, 1:32 PM EST
After being eliminated by San Jose in consecutive postseasons, Detroit looks to exact some revenge.
Oct 23, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
As Lightning color analyst Bobby Taylor put it — “I don’t think Swiss watches have that many moves.”
Oct 3, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Once again, the Wings have the talent to not only make the playoffs, but do some damage once they get there. With Zetterberg, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom around for yet another season, just how deep can the winged-wheel go this season?
Oct 1, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
It doesn’t sound like his back problems are too serious, but the Red Wings decided to keep Pavel Datsyuk out of the team’s last two preseason games this weekend.
Sep 29, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
Look for the Detroit Red Wings to get off to a quick start over the course of the first two months of the season. They better, because there are a few tough stretches later in the season that could cause stress in the Motor City.
Sep 28, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
Red Wings forward Danny Cleary will miss at least the rest of the preseason with an upper-body injury.
Sep 22, 2011, 11:48 PM EST
Mikko Koivu has always been a strong two-way player, but is he good enough to win the Selke Trophy? His head coach thinks so.
Sep 20, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
Todd Bertuzzi hopes to adjust to a new role on the third line alongside youngsters Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader. Some are calling the combination of an aging vet and two 24-year-old forwards the next version of the “two kids and a goat” line from about a decade ago.
Sep 17, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
Blues forward Philip McCrae will switch from number 38 next season in honor of former St. Louis players Pavol Demitra and Igor Korolev. Meanwhile, Semyon Varlamov, Paul Stastny and Milan Hejduk reflect on the losses.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)