May 9, 2012, 7:54 PM EDT
Pittsburgh says he should be good for training camp.
May 1, 2012, 9:25 PM EDT
Two-time Art Ross Trophy winner carries $8.7 million annual cap hit.
Apr 22, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Dreams of a Stanley Cup run dashed with a 5-1 loss to the Flyers in Philadelphia.
Crosby on Philly paper’s ‘Cowardly Penguin’ cover: “That’s one of the nicer things they’ve said about me”
Apr 18, 2012, 2:12 PM EDT
Not sure he saw the “Sniveling Sidney” part.
Apr 18, 2012, 11:37 AM EDT
Lots of holes for head coach Dan Bylsma to fill.
Mar 15, 2012, 1:05 PM EDT
All-Star defenseman returns on the same night as Sidney Crosby.
Mar 5, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
Pittsburgh teammates can’t help but think about No. 87’s potential return.
Feb 21, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
They just spend a lot of time together is all.
Feb 6, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Not wearing a non-contact jersey, No. 87 skated with Cal O’Reilly and Steve Sullivan.
Feb 1, 2012, 7:17 AM EDT
If your feelings weren’t on fire one way or another, you weren’t trying last night. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 29, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
No. 87 is attending meetings and exercising with team.
Dec 21, 2011, 3:30 AM EDT
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Dec 17, 2011, 5:52 PM EDT
This can’t be good news…
Dec 5, 2011, 3:21 PM EDT
Sorry for the lack of focus on this one. We’ve been busy.
Nov 21, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
The Penguins really are going with a fully loaded lineup tonight as Zbynek Michalek is also back from injury tonight.
Sep 29, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
If you thought the Penguins were good already, just wait until you see them with their two best players back on the ice.
Jun 29, 2011, 6:04 PM EDT
The Islanders took a chance at acquiring Christian Ehrhoff’s rights… That chance didn’t play out well for them.
Mar 19, 2011, 1:31 PM EDT
The Penguins are still a major threat to go all the way in the Eastern Conference without Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin. Shouldn’t that alone be enough to make Dan Bylsma coach of the year?
Feb 24, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
The Penguins continue to suffer from tough injuries, as the team will reportedly play without hard-hitting defenseman Brooks Orpik for about four weeks.
Feb 21, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Tonight’s rivalry match-up between Pittsburgh and Washington will be missing an important defenseman for each team as Paul Martin and Mike Green will both be out of action.
Feb 17, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
The 2011 Hockey Day in America games will spotlight the joy of the sport in the United States. What better way to reveal that spirit than to look at the best five U.S.-born skaters appearing in the four contests?
Dec 7, 2010, 8:00 AM EDT
PHT presents an in-depth breakdown of an insane run by the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby and Marc-Andre Fleury. You’ll find the numbers you’ll read in many other places, but most importantly, there are also obscure/deeper stats to stimulate your mind this morning.
Dec 4, 2010, 10:07 PM EDT
With a Penguins win over the Blue Jackets and a regulation loss by the Capitals against the Thrashers, Pittsburgh and Washington find themselves tied atop the Eastern Conference. Sidney Crosby scored two goals, giving him a league leading 23 on the season.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 6
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 25
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 42
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)