Jan 17, 2012, 10:24 AM EDT
Even Eugene Melnyk is stunned.
Jan 9, 2012, 7:02 AM EDT
Bad teams doing bad things. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 16, 2011, 11:15 PM EDT
Spezza has compiled 11 points in his last five games.
Dec 14, 2011, 11:31 AM EDT
You can add Milan Michalek to the list of players dealing with a concussion.
Dec 7, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
Filip Kuba will miss the next 3-4 weeks and how the Sens do in his absence may determine his future.
Nov 29, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
What you see cannot be unseen and there’s a video in here you’ll want to see. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Oct 31, 2011, 12:09 PM EDT
After getting dinged by Wojtek Wolski, Daniel Alfredsson is going to sit out til his concussion symptoms disappear.
Oct 30, 2011, 11:49 PM EDT
The Senators continued their improbable roll on Sunday with a 3-2 win over Toronto.
Oct 19, 2011, 12:10 AM EDT
The Flyers whipped the Senators 7-2 tonight on the strength of Matt Read’s four-point night.
Oct 7, 2011, 10:25 PM EDT
Former Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean makes his head coaching debut against his former team. Now that he has a new gig, he might need a new team.
Oct 1, 2011, 10:36 PM EDT
The Ottawa Senators may not be very good this year, but they will have their future stars getting a fresh look at least early in the season.
Oct 1, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The Senators might have a chance to be scrappy during the 2011-12 season, but they might be better off hitting the lottery for another year.
Sep 28, 2011, 1:03 AM EDT
Mika Zibanejad is making a serious case to join the Ottawa Senators right out of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, but if the team is as bad as expected, it might be a waste of a bargain entry-level year.
Aug 16, 2011, 1:13 PM EDT
Bruce Garrioch reports that Daniel Alfredsson skated for the first time since undergoing back surgery today, which indicates that the captain’s rehab continues to stay on track.
Jun 23, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
The Senators added Dave Cameron and Mark Reeds to their coaching staff as assistants to Paul MacLean.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s official: Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean will be the Ottawa Senators’ next head coach. Click “Read More” for some background on MacLean and what he’s going up against in Ottawa.
Jun 13, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
The Senators are expected to announce Red Wings assistant Paul MacLean as their new head coach tomorrow, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
Jun 1, 2011, 3:35 AM EDT
After the Florida Panthers found their man in Kevin Dineen, four teams are still looking for their new boss. Here are some of the candidates that the Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New Jersey Devils, and Ottawa Senators are considering.
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 27
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)