Quick hits: Mike Keane might join Jets staff, Brouwer on the LTIR and NHL’s most disappointing teams
Jul 14, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
Quick hits from around the NHL: Mike Keane might join the Jets’ coaching staff, Troy Brouwer might go on the LTIR in Washington and Forbes lists the teams that disappoint their fans the most and least.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas is putting together the kind of run that is drawing comparisons to the best work of Patrick Roy and Dominik Hasek. If you look at the numbers (and his highlight reel saves) it’s clear that those comparisons aren’t out of order.
May 18, 2011, 5:21 PM EST
With all of the Tyler Seguin hype in mind, the Hockey News provided list of the 10 best rookie playoff performances of all-time.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of Steve Yzerman and Cam Neely, Joe Sakic takes a front office job with the Colorado Avalanche.
Report: Flames, Canadiens will stage alumni game for ’86 Cup Finals during 2011 Heritage Classic weekend
Jan 18, 2011, 1:01 AM EST
The Flames and Canadiens will reportedly look back to their ’86 Stanley Cup finals series during the weekend of the 2011 Heritage Classic by holding an alumni game featuring players from both teams.
Dec 17, 2010, 2:40 PM EST
Marc Crawford is proving a lot of people wrong as the Dallas Stars are exceeding the expectations of many observers this season.
Nov 29, 2010, 3:11 PM EST
Many big names attended Pat Burns’ funeral today, including Gary Bettman, Patrick Roy and Raymond Bourque.
Nov 3, 2010, 9:15 PM EST
Patrick Roy is, by the estimation of many, the greatest goalie in hockey history. Even people who poke holes in his game will admit that he at least needs to be in the discussion. But with that unique talent comes plenty of character. Simply put, Roy is a weirdo who says (and does) some pretty…
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)