Jul 16, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Can he justify his hefty new deal?
Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Perhaps now his attention will turn to Edmonton’s coaching vacancy.
May 30, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
Devils goalie has a chance to match — and break — some of Roy’s more notable records.
May 27, 2012, 6:00 PM EDT
You know you were wondering the same thing, don’t deny it.
May 21, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT
So many “ifs.”
Apr 25, 2012, 9:05 PM EDT
The GM search continues.
Apr 24, 2012, 9:56 AM EDT
He’ll be sticking with the Detroit Red Wings as an assistant GM instead.
Roy on Habs job: “I have had no discussions whatsoever with Mr. Molson, but my cellphone is always turned on”
Apr 21, 2012, 1:49 PM EDT
Could the legend return to Montreal as the coach or GM?
Apr 21, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT
Who knew having one of the league’s best scorers would create such problems? That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 13, 2012, 9:40 PM EDT
Are there any milestones left for Marty?
Mar 23, 2012, 11:58 AM EDT
This according to former Caps goalie Shawn Simpson.
Mar 11, 2012, 10:21 PM EDT
The Devils’ goaltender has 99 more regular season wins than Patrick Roy.
Feb 3, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
Judging by the photo, he’s had his hair cut zero times in five months.
Dec 26, 2011, 7:20 AM EDT
Apparently not everyone is geeked up about a Christmas miracle of sorts.
Dec 22, 2011, 7:09 AM EDT
If you’re in search of a heartwarming story for the holidays, we’ve got you covered. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 20, 2011, 1:49 PM EDT
Randy Cunneyworth a 15/1 long shot.
Dec 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
There’s no way this would turn out poorly, right?
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Aug 17, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
Steve Yzerman, Patrick Roy, Borje Salming and Jeremy Roenick join Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and Wayne Gretzky on the list of legends who will appear in NHL 12. While many of us wonder which two (or more) legends will round out that group, some are complaining about the “little things” like the equipment those players used.
Quick hits: Mike Keane might join Jets staff, Brouwer on the LTIR and NHL’s most disappointing teams
Jul 14, 2011, 2:53 PM EDT
Quick hits from around the NHL: Mike Keane might join the Jets’ coaching staff, Troy Brouwer might go on the LTIR in Washington and Forbes lists the teams that disappoint their fans the most and least.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Tim Thomas is putting together the kind of run that is drawing comparisons to the best work of Patrick Roy and Dominik Hasek. If you look at the numbers (and his highlight reel saves) it’s clear that those comparisons aren’t out of order.
May 18, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
With all of the Tyler Seguin hype in mind, the Hockey News provided list of the 10 best rookie playoff performances of all-time.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Following in the footsteps of Steve Yzerman and Cam Neely, Joe Sakic takes a front office job with the Colorado Avalanche.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)