Jul 16, 2012, 6:32 PM EST
Can he justify his hefty new deal?
Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EST
Perhaps now his attention will turn to Edmonton’s coaching vacancy.
May 30, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
Devils goalie has a chance to match — and break — some of Roy’s more notable records.
May 27, 2012, 6:00 PM EST
You know you were wondering the same thing, don’t deny it.
May 21, 2012, 8:02 PM EST
So many “ifs.”
Apr 25, 2012, 9:05 PM EST
The GM search continues.
Apr 24, 2012, 9:56 AM EST
He’ll be sticking with the Detroit Red Wings as an assistant GM instead.
Roy on Habs job: “I have had no discussions whatsoever with Mr. Molson, but my cellphone is always turned on”
Apr 21, 2012, 1:49 PM EST
Could the legend return to Montreal as the coach or GM?
Apr 21, 2012, 10:02 AM EST
Who knew having one of the league’s best scorers would create such problems? That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 13, 2012, 9:40 PM EST
Are there any milestones left for Marty?
Mar 23, 2012, 11:58 AM EST
This according to former Caps goalie Shawn Simpson.
Mar 11, 2012, 10:21 PM EST
The Devils’ goaltender has 99 more regular season wins than Patrick Roy.
Feb 3, 2012, 3:17 PM EST
Judging by the photo, he’s had his hair cut zero times in five months.
Dec 26, 2011, 7:20 AM EST
Apparently not everyone is geeked up about a Christmas miracle of sorts.
Dec 22, 2011, 7:09 AM EST
If you’re in search of a heartwarming story for the holidays, we’ve got you covered. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 20, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
Randy Cunneyworth a 15/1 long shot.
Dec 19, 2011, 12:16 PM EST
There’s no way this would turn out poorly, right?
Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
If it wasn’t already clear enough, the Avalanche can say officially say goodbye to their great first generation of hockey now that Peter Forsberg’s jersey number will be retired.
Aug 17, 2011, 3:37 PM EST
Steve Yzerman, Patrick Roy, Borje Salming and Jeremy Roenick join Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and Wayne Gretzky on the list of legends who will appear in NHL 12. While many of us wonder which two (or more) legends will round out that group, some are complaining about the “little things” like the equipment those players used.
Quick hits: Mike Keane might join Jets staff, Brouwer on the LTIR and NHL’s most disappointing teams
Jul 14, 2011, 2:53 PM EST
Quick hits from around the NHL: Mike Keane might join the Jets’ coaching staff, Troy Brouwer might go on the LTIR in Washington and Forbes lists the teams that disappoint their fans the most and least.
Jun 30, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
The Avalanche will retire Peter Forsberg’s No. 21 in a ceremony on opening night. The best part might be that it will take place before a game against the Red Wings.
Jun 13, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Tim Thomas is putting together the kind of run that is drawing comparisons to the best work of Patrick Roy and Dominik Hasek. If you look at the numbers (and his highlight reel saves) it’s clear that those comparisons aren’t out of order.
May 18, 2011, 5:21 PM EST
With all of the Tyler Seguin hype in mind, the Hockey News provided list of the 10 best rookie playoff performances of all-time.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:49 PM EST
The Avalanche will wave goodbye to one of the final members of their Cup winning teams, as Adam Foote is expected to announce his retirement on Friday.
Mar 25, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Following in the footsteps of Steve Yzerman and Cam Neely, Joe Sakic takes a front office job with the Colorado Avalanche.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)