Nov 17, 2014, 9:45 PM EDT
Pat was a three-time winner of the Jack Adams Award and won the Stanley Cup in 2003.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Sep 25, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Pat Burns’ family, friends and proponents will have to wait and see if he will be posthumously inducted into the Hall of Fame, but they won’t have to wait to honor his memory. Pat Burns Arena officially opened today about 10 months after the three-time Jack Adams Award recipient lost his battle with cancer on…
Jun 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Now that we know the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, the natural next question is: who was the biggest snub? Moving forward, the next wave of eligible players will make it tough for those scorned hopefuls to be part of the 2012 class.
Jun 28, 2011, 9:53 AM EDT
PHT reached out to some of our mainstream media friends to see who they would put in the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. Their choices are, as always, fun and interesting.
Dec 16, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
While 18 signed jerseys are still unaccounted for, the good news is that Pat Burns’ family received 12 of the autographed jerseys stolen during his funeral in late November.
Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Good news today for the family of Pat Burns concerning the robbery of Burns’ personal items after his funeral.
Nov 30, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
If you haven’t lost your faith in humanity yet, this story might just be the one that does it.
Nov 29, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Many big names attended Pat Burns’ funeral today, including Gary Bettman, Patrick Roy and Raymond Bourque.
Nov 29, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The hockey world (along with friends and family) will mourn the death of Pat Burns during his funeral this afternoon.
Nov 20, 2010, 8:39 PM EDT
Tonight, the Montreal Canadiens paid tribute to former head coach Pat Burns who passed away yesterday after a long bout with lung cancer. Making the night more special in Montreal was having their opponent be the Toronto Maple Leafs. On a night where the long-time rivals would be doing battle with each other yet again…
Nov 19, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Legendary NHL head coach Pat Burns has passed away today at the age of 58. The three-time Jack Adams Award winner lost his valiant fight with terminal lung cancer today after fighting the disease as well as fending off premature reports of his death months ago. Burns’ NHL legacy shows that he won the Jack…
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 15
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 11
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 84
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 23
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (90)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)