Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Sep 25, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Pat Burns’ family, friends and proponents will have to wait and see if he will be posthumously inducted into the Hall of Fame, but they won’t have to wait to honor his memory. Pat Burns Arena officially opened today about 10 months after the three-time Jack Adams Award recipient lost his battle with cancer on…
Jun 28, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
Now that we know the 2011 Hockey Hall of Fame inductees, the natural next question is: who was the biggest snub? Moving forward, the next wave of eligible players will make it tough for those scorned hopefuls to be part of the 2012 class.
Jun 28, 2011, 9:53 AM EDT
PHT reached out to some of our mainstream media friends to see who they would put in the Hockey Hall of Fame this year. Their choices are, as always, fun and interesting.
Dec 16, 2010, 8:30 PM EDT
While 18 signed jerseys are still unaccounted for, the good news is that Pat Burns’ family received 12 of the autographed jerseys stolen during his funeral in late November.
Dec 2, 2010, 4:11 PM EDT
Good news today for the family of Pat Burns concerning the robbery of Burns’ personal items after his funeral.
Nov 30, 2010, 2:17 PM EDT
If you haven’t lost your faith in humanity yet, this story might just be the one that does it.
Nov 29, 2010, 3:11 PM EDT
Many big names attended Pat Burns’ funeral today, including Gary Bettman, Patrick Roy and Raymond Bourque.
Nov 29, 2010, 1:00 PM EDT
The hockey world (along with friends and family) will mourn the death of Pat Burns during his funeral this afternoon.
Nov 20, 2010, 8:39 PM EDT
Tonight, the Montreal Canadiens paid tribute to former head coach Pat Burns who passed away yesterday after a long bout with lung cancer. Making the night more special in Montreal was having their opponent be the Toronto Maple Leafs. On a night where the long-time rivals would be doing battle with each other yet again…
Nov 19, 2010, 6:56 PM EDT
Legendary NHL head coach Pat Burns has passed away today at the age of 58. The three-time Jack Adams Award winner lost his valiant fight with terminal lung cancer today after fighting the disease as well as fending off premature reports of his death months ago. Burns’ NHL legacy shows that he won the Jack…
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 4
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 13
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)