Oct 28, 2011, 9:16 PM EST
The St. Louis Cardinals are obviously making the biggest news on Oct. 28, but the Blues made waves of their own, as Matthew Hulsizer has reportedly agreed to buy the team.
Sep 22, 2011, 12:00 PM EST
You’re forgiven if the latest Phoenix Coyotes sale update seems like a broken record.
Sep 12, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
The Devils released a statement refuting much of what The New York Post reported about their financial troubles.
Sep 6, 2011, 9:25 PM EST
Quebec City’s council approved Quebecor’s naming rights deal, which could net the city $63.5 million over 25 years – if the NHL comes back to the former market. This marks a big step in that direction, but the city still has a long way to go before they can land a team if they get the arena built by 2015.
Sep 5, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
Reports indicate that the Stars could have a new owner in place before 2012, with the team’s bankruptcy hearing currently scheduled for September 14.
Aug 24, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
Optimism for the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale is starting to grow, with some City of Glendale officials even predicting a possible sale by the end of 2011.
Aug 22, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
Today marks the deadline for prospective new owners to submit their bids to buy the St. Louis Blues.
Jul 8, 2011, 6:17 PM EST
Well-founded rumors indicate that former Texas Rangers CEO Chuck Greenberg might be part of a group that will bid to own the Dallas Stars.
May 23, 2011, 1:49 PM EST
In today’s update on the Atlanta Thrashers-to-Winnipeg storyline, we find out that the last hope for the Thrashers to stay in Atlanta might just be out.
May 11, 2011, 9:01 PM EST
Now that the Coyotes appear to be out of the relocation mix, Thrashers fans nervously await their team’s situation.
May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
A Forbes report indicates that potential owner Matt Hulsizer is growing tired of the Coyotes sale conundrum. He might instead turn his sights on the Blues, another team up for sale.
Mar 31, 2011, 2:06 AM EST
The City of Glendale as investors for half of the $100 million worth of bonds needed to be sold for the sale of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Mar 17, 2011, 11:34 PM EST
Blues fans are a passionate bunch, so it shouldn’t be too surprising that many of them are up in arms after hearing that the team is up for sale.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes sale continues to hit speed bumps for a second straight season, which only complicates things for other franchises who might need to move, like the Atlanta Thrashers.
Feb 22, 2011, 11:38 AM EST
After months of speculation, the NHL announced that Terry Pegula is officially the new owner of the Buffalo Sabres. Click “Read More” to find out why this could be a great thing for the team and its fans.
Feb 18, 2011, 9:04 PM EST
While it’s still in “report” and “unofficial” status, it appears that the NHL Board of Governors approved the sale of the Buffalo Sabres to billionaire Terry Pegula looks.
Feb 1, 2011, 1:28 PM EST
On the latter half of a miserable 2010-11 season, Devils owner Jeff Vanderbeek is reportedly looking to sell the team.
Jan 31, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
The Buffalo Sabres are expected to announce the team’s sale to Terry Pegula this Thursday, according to multiple reports.
Another Atlanta Thrashers lawsuit: Owners allege that faulty contract blocked sale, team lost $130M since 2005
Jan 21, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
The Atlanta Thrashers ownership group claims that a “fatally flawed” contract blocked them from selling the team in 2005, forcing them to operate the franchise with more than $130 million in loses.
Jan 11, 2011, 9:02 PM EST
Terry Pegula seems like he’s on the verge of buying the Buffalo Sabres, so it makes sense that he took a look around the team’s offices today.
Dec 29, 2010, 1:32 PM EST
Rumors are circulating that the Buffalo Sabres will announce Terry Pegula as their new owner as soon as next week, after the 2011 World Junior Championship tournament is over.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EST
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of purchasing the Phoenix Coyotes grew even stronger as the Glendale City Council will vote on whether or not to approve a new arena lease for the team on Tuesday.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 14
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 6
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 48
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)