Dec 8, 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
If you have about $2 billion, you too can buy 80% of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment.
Nov 3, 2011, 1:53 PM EDT
Majority owner Peter Karmanos Jr. will have a lot of company in the boardroom.
Sep 1, 2011, 11:24 PM EDT
Despite an ownership situation that will prolong the franchise’s sale until the middle of the season, Dallas Stars GM Joe Nieuwendyk says he’s had no problem conducting business as usual. Hey, they even increased payroll this offseason.
May 16, 2011, 2:47 PM EDT
At least some of the rumors are true: an Atlanta Journal-Constitution report confirms that the Atlanta Spirit ownership group is negotiating with True North. If the two sides come to an agreement, the Thrashers’ move to Winnipeg could become very close to a reality.
Jan 31, 2011, 4:33 PM EDT
The Buffalo Sabres are expected to announce the team’s sale to Terry Pegula this Thursday, according to multiple reports.
Dec 1, 2010, 1:45 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers’ brass is in Quebec today to discuss a possible relocation if the team cannot acquire a new arena in Edmonton.
Dec 1, 2010, 12:11 PM EDT
Media company Rogers already owns the Toronto Blue Jays, but they might add the Maple Leafs and other Toronto sports teams in a whopping deal reportedly estimated at $1.3 billion in value.
Nov 30, 2010, 7:15 PM EDT
Ken Campbell writes that the Sabres sale rumors are justified and that the team’s denials boil down to semantics more than anything else.
Toronto Maple Leafs struggle on the ice, reportedly plan on replacing current president/CEO Richard Peddie
Nov 10, 2010, 3:32 PM EDT
The team looks to make changes off the ice by replacing its president and CEO, but J.S. Giguere wants some changes on the ice, too.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 24
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 51
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 9
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)