Feb 6, 2011, 12:40 AM EDT
NHL.com reports that Peter Forsberg could make a decision regarding his latest comeback attempt as early as Sunday.
Jan 20, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
Much like Lovie Smith did when the Blackhawks were shooting for a Stanley Cup last season, Joel Quenneville reached out to encourage Smith as the Bears prepare for the NFC Championship Game this weekend.
Dec 22, 2010, 11:47 PM EDT
While the Thrashers are sporting a clearer vision on the ice, the team (and the NBA’s Atlanta Hawks) cleared up their ownership situation off the ice, too.
Dec 16, 2010, 7:57 PM EDT
Mike Keenan says he enjoyed coaching Dion Phaneuf, but the former Calgary Flames defenseman wasn’t always the most popular guy in the locker room.
Dec 2, 2010, 8:44 PM EDT
Comparing the way Ottawa Senators fans are “greeting” Dany Heatley to the way Cleveland Cavaliers are “welcoming back” LeBron James.
Oct 20, 2010, 8:36 PM EDT
Imagine, for a second, that you get some great tickets to a sporting event – hockey or otherwise. You decide to give the other team a clever tongue-lashing, perhaps thanks to a healthy dosage of booze or a long day at the office. It seems like a light hearted good time – after all, isn’t…
Philadelphia Flyers-Pittsburgh Penguins game will start early to avoid ‘full conflict’ with Phillies’ playoff game Saturday
Oct 13, 2010, 9:08 PM EDT
While sports fans can bicker about which sport is better (“Hockey is faster and more violent!” … “Baseball has tradition and homers!”), it’s kind of nice to see professional sports teams acknowledge the other sports in their city. That’s exactly what the Philadelphia Flyers will do Saturday, as the team will move the start time…
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)