Sep 16, 2012, 8:38 PM EDT
Morneau worked with Fehr when he ran the MLBPA.
Jul 14, 2012, 10:37 AM EDT
Ovechkin joins stars such as Lebron James.
Apr 25, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
So he’s Marshawn Lynch in goalie pads?
Apr 6, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
A Ryane Clowe-inspired list of illegal – and unforgettable – moments in sports.
Mar 29, 2012, 10:24 PM EDT
Well, baseball season is just around the corner.
Mar 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
This might be his most important call as discipline czar.
Mar 17, 2012, 12:11 AM EDT
Too bad “Aquilini” doesn’t lend itself to legal puns like “McCourt.”
Mar 13, 2012, 8:01 PM EDT
Devils fans don’t share that dream.
Mar 7, 2012, 9:32 PM EDT
His question seems a little outdated, but undeniably charming.
Feb 24, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
He’s better at football, though.
Feb 14, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT
Detroit makes history at Joe Louis Arena with 3-1 win against Dallas Stars.
Feb 10, 2012, 1:30 AM EDT
There were plenty of dazzling goals for the Super Bowl champions to enjoy
Feb 1, 2012, 8:42 PM EDT
The Sharks enjoyed meeting “Tony Plush.”
Jan 26, 2012, 12:02 AM EDT
Only three NHL players in the cross-sport “Power 100″ list.
Dec 15, 2011, 9:21 PM EDT
Former players would face big obstacles in a concussion-related legal battle.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:46 AM EDT
Flyers fans booed opposing players shown during a commercial, which would be on par with normal behavior … except that was an ad for “Hockey Fights Cancer.”
Sep 22, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
In a fitting gesture, the Stars signed Mike Modano to a “one-day contract” so that he’ll retire with his franchise of 20 out of 21 NHL seasons.
Aug 28, 2011, 11:39 AM EDT
In a 12-season span, the NHL topped the four major sports when it comes to parity in its championship rounds. PHT takes a look at those numbers and also compares other eras to see how much parity has increased in the NHL.
Aug 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EDT
The Flyers’ off-season moves indicate that Michael Leighton might get lost in the shuffle at both the NHL and AHL levels.
Aug 7, 2011, 7:20 PM EDT
Sean Avery (the hockey player) might be making bad gambles with cops this week, but Sean Avery (the thoroughbred horse) actually beat the odds by winning a race Sunday.
Jun 13, 2011, 2:56 PM EDT
There are a ton of differences between Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo and Mavericks power forward Dirk Nowitzki, but Luongo could follow in Dirk’s footsteps by shedding an antiquated “choker” label one night after the German basketball star did the same.
Jun 8, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
The Chicago Cubs made Trevor Gretzky – son of NHL legend Wayne – their seventh round pick in the MLB Draft.
May 27, 2011, 9:28 PM EDT
On the 18th anniversary of a missed high sticking penalty from Wayne Gretzky on Doug Gilmour, retired NHL official Kerry Fraser discusses that missed call.
May 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
There are plenty of angry Capitals fans calling for Bruce Boudreau’s head, but the smart choice would be to give him one more chance to make it work.
May 3, 2011, 7:01 PM EDT
Men’s Health named Steven Stamkos one of the 25 fittest men in the world. His fitness level shows just how far hockey training has come in the last few decades.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)