Sep 16, 2012, 8:38 PM EST
Morneau worked with Fehr when he ran the MLBPA.
Jul 14, 2012, 10:37 AM EST
Ovechkin joins stars such as Lebron James.
Apr 25, 2012, 11:01 PM EST
So he’s Marshawn Lynch in goalie pads?
Apr 6, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
A Ryane Clowe-inspired list of illegal – and unforgettable – moments in sports.
Mar 29, 2012, 10:24 PM EST
Well, baseball season is just around the corner.
Mar 23, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
This might be his most important call as discipline czar.
Mar 17, 2012, 12:11 AM EST
Too bad “Aquilini” doesn’t lend itself to legal puns like “McCourt.”
Mar 13, 2012, 8:01 PM EST
Devils fans don’t share that dream.
Mar 7, 2012, 9:32 PM EST
His question seems a little outdated, but undeniably charming.
Feb 24, 2012, 9:00 AM EST
He’s better at football, though.
Feb 14, 2012, 10:03 PM EST
Detroit makes history at Joe Louis Arena with 3-1 win against Dallas Stars.
Feb 10, 2012, 1:30 AM EST
There were plenty of dazzling goals for the Super Bowl champions to enjoy
Feb 1, 2012, 8:42 PM EST
The Sharks enjoyed meeting “Tony Plush.”
Jan 26, 2012, 12:02 AM EST
Only three NHL players in the cross-sport “Power 100″ list.
Dec 15, 2011, 9:21 PM EST
Former players would face big obstacles in a concussion-related legal battle.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:46 AM EST
Flyers fans booed opposing players shown during a commercial, which would be on par with normal behavior … except that was an ad for “Hockey Fights Cancer.”
Sep 22, 2011, 1:38 PM EST
In a fitting gesture, the Stars signed Mike Modano to a “one-day contract” so that he’ll retire with his franchise of 20 out of 21 NHL seasons.
Aug 28, 2011, 11:39 AM EST
In a 12-season span, the NHL topped the four major sports when it comes to parity in its championship rounds. PHT takes a look at those numbers and also compares other eras to see how much parity has increased in the NHL.
Aug 14, 2011, 11:30 AM EST
The Flyers’ off-season moves indicate that Michael Leighton might get lost in the shuffle at both the NHL and AHL levels.
Aug 7, 2011, 7:20 PM EST
Sean Avery (the hockey player) might be making bad gambles with cops this week, but Sean Avery (the thoroughbred horse) actually beat the odds by winning a race Sunday.
Jun 13, 2011, 2:56 PM EST
There are a ton of differences between Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo and Mavericks power forward Dirk Nowitzki, but Luongo could follow in Dirk’s footsteps by shedding an antiquated “choker” label one night after the German basketball star did the same.
Jun 8, 2011, 12:45 PM EST
The Chicago Cubs made Trevor Gretzky – son of NHL legend Wayne – their seventh round pick in the MLB Draft.
May 27, 2011, 9:28 PM EST
On the 18th anniversary of a missed high sticking penalty from Wayne Gretzky on Doug Gilmour, retired NHL official Kerry Fraser discusses that missed call.
May 6, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
There are plenty of angry Capitals fans calling for Bruce Boudreau’s head, but the smart choice would be to give him one more chance to make it work.
May 3, 2011, 7:01 PM EST
Men’s Health named Steven Stamkos one of the 25 fittest men in the world. His fitness level shows just how far hockey training has come in the last few decades.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 38
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 81
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)