Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 AM EST
A true captain knows when to fall on his sword if it benefits the team.
Sep 21, 2011, 10:44 AM EST
The Blue Jackets handed R.J. Umberger a five-year, $23.5 million extension today, adding the forward to a growing list of long-term commitments. Are they going in the right direction or setting themselves up for lengthy struggles?
Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 AM EST
Rumor has it that Brad Richards will only accept a trade to one team: the New York Rangers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Jan 20, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Jean-Sebastien Giguere said he would waive his no-trade clause if prompted, but who wants to take a gamble on a struggling once-proud goalie with a massive salary?
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 1
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 25
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 6
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 85
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (85)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)