Jan 5, 2012, 9:08 AM EDT
A true captain knows when to fall on his sword if it benefits the team.
Sep 21, 2011, 10:44 AM EDT
The Blue Jackets handed R.J. Umberger a five-year, $23.5 million extension today, adding the forward to a growing list of long-term commitments. Are they going in the right direction or setting themselves up for lengthy struggles?
Feb 28, 2011, 10:37 AM EDT
Rumor has it that Brad Richards will only accept a trade to one team: the New York Rangers. Click “Read More” for the details.
Jan 20, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Jean-Sebastien Giguere said he would waive his no-trade clause if prompted, but who wants to take a gamble on a struggling once-proud goalie with a massive salary?
- NHL on NBCSN: Detroit pumped to face Chicago 2
- NHL on NBC: Penguins and Flyers resume rivalry as playoff race continues 4
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 15
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 62
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (62)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)