Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
He had been playing for Frolunda in Sweden.
Sep 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
He said, “It was f—ing war.” That and more links ahead.
Jun 2, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
St. Louis’ 2010 first-round pick apparently wants in on the big show.
Mar 18, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
There are worse ideas out there, but not many.
Aug 10, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Blue Jackets castoff Nikita Filatov has six goals and 13 points in his disappointing NHL career so far. So why are the Senators promising him a spot on their first or second line next season?
Aug 3, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
After getting little interest from teams in the NHL, Nikolay Zherdev is headed back to the KHL to play for his former team there and team up with fellow NHL exile Alex Kovalev.
Jul 29, 2011, 10:26 AM EDT
Nikolay Zherdev is busy looking for a new NHL team to play for and unlike Ilya Bryzgalov, he’d be all right with playing in Winnipeg.
Jul 21, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
Nikolay Zherdev is a player who could help any team offensively… So why hasn’t he been signed by anyone yet and potentially headed back to the KHL?
Jun 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets are rumored to throw this package deal at the Flyers for Jeff Carter: Jakub Voracek and the eight pick of the 2011 draft. This post discusses why this rumored trade might make sense for both sides.
May 19, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
It’s unclear what did (or did not) happen between Nikolay Zherdev and his wife today, but the Flyers admitted they’re aware of the conflicting reports. There does seem to be one consensus among most people, though: Zherdev’s NHL future is in serious doubt.
Apr 18, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
The Flyers changed things up in goal and changed their fortune for the better beating Buffalo 4-2 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.
Apr 5, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
Management in Philadelphia has been happy with Nikolay Zherdev’s play as of late — but will be able to keep it up for a playoff run?
Feb 14, 2011, 7:13 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs continue to clean house for their rebuild and sent Kris Versteeg to Philadelphia for a pair of 2011 draft picks. Question now is, who sits down in Philly or is there another move coming.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The Flyers showed why they’re the best in the Eastern Conference after humbling the defending champion Blackhawks 4-1 in Chicago.
Dec 18, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
In the Flyers first game without Chris Pronger it appears their dedication to stifling defense is as strong as ever.
Oct 14, 2010, 11:23 AM EDT
During the off-season when it came time for the Philadelphia Flyers to shed some salary to be able to have some spending flexibility during the summer, there weren’t a lot of candidates to be sent out of town to make it happen. One guy who stood out amongst the pack thanks to having just one…
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 0
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 14
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 13
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 51
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (173)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)