Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EST
He had been playing for Frolunda in Sweden.
Sep 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EST
He said, “It was f—ing war.” That and more links ahead.
Jun 2, 2012, 10:19 AM EST
St. Louis’ 2010 first-round pick apparently wants in on the big show.
Mar 18, 2012, 2:03 PM EST
There are worse ideas out there, but not many.
Aug 10, 2011, 10:31 PM EST
Blue Jackets castoff Nikita Filatov has six goals and 13 points in his disappointing NHL career so far. So why are the Senators promising him a spot on their first or second line next season?
Aug 3, 2011, 6:03 PM EST
After getting little interest from teams in the NHL, Nikolay Zherdev is headed back to the KHL to play for his former team there and team up with fellow NHL exile Alex Kovalev.
Jul 29, 2011, 10:26 AM EST
Nikolay Zherdev is busy looking for a new NHL team to play for and unlike Ilya Bryzgalov, he’d be all right with playing in Winnipeg.
Jul 21, 2011, 3:25 PM EST
Nikolay Zherdev is a player who could help any team offensively… So why hasn’t he been signed by anyone yet and potentially headed back to the KHL?
Jun 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EST
The Blue Jackets are rumored to throw this package deal at the Flyers for Jeff Carter: Jakub Voracek and the eight pick of the 2011 draft. This post discusses why this rumored trade might make sense for both sides.
May 19, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
It’s unclear what did (or did not) happen between Nikolay Zherdev and his wife today, but the Flyers admitted they’re aware of the conflicting reports. There does seem to be one consensus among most people, though: Zherdev’s NHL future is in serious doubt.
Apr 18, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
The Flyers changed things up in goal and changed their fortune for the better beating Buffalo 4-2 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.
Apr 5, 2011, 9:38 PM EST
Management in Philadelphia has been happy with Nikolay Zherdev’s play as of late — but will be able to keep it up for a playoff run?
Feb 14, 2011, 7:13 PM EST
The Maple Leafs continue to clean house for their rebuild and sent Kris Versteeg to Philadelphia for a pair of 2011 draft picks. Question now is, who sits down in Philly or is there another move coming.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:45 PM EST
The Flyers showed why they’re the best in the Eastern Conference after humbling the defending champion Blackhawks 4-1 in Chicago.
Dec 18, 2010, 4:22 PM EST
In the Flyers first game without Chris Pronger it appears their dedication to stifling defense is as strong as ever.
Oct 14, 2010, 11:23 AM EST
During the off-season when it came time for the Philadelphia Flyers to shed some salary to be able to have some spending flexibility during the summer, there weren’t a lot of candidates to be sent out of town to make it happen. One guy who stood out amongst the pack thanks to having just one…
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)