Nov 18, 2012, 2:10 PM EDT
He had been playing for Frolunda in Sweden.
Sep 26, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
He said, “It was f—ing war.” That and more links ahead.
Jun 2, 2012, 10:19 AM EDT
St. Louis’ 2010 first-round pick apparently wants in on the big show.
Mar 18, 2012, 2:03 PM EDT
There are worse ideas out there, but not many.
Aug 10, 2011, 10:31 PM EDT
Blue Jackets castoff Nikita Filatov has six goals and 13 points in his disappointing NHL career so far. So why are the Senators promising him a spot on their first or second line next season?
Aug 3, 2011, 6:03 PM EDT
After getting little interest from teams in the NHL, Nikolay Zherdev is headed back to the KHL to play for his former team there and team up with fellow NHL exile Alex Kovalev.
Jul 29, 2011, 10:26 AM EDT
Nikolay Zherdev is busy looking for a new NHL team to play for and unlike Ilya Bryzgalov, he’d be all right with playing in Winnipeg.
Jul 21, 2011, 3:25 PM EDT
Nikolay Zherdev is a player who could help any team offensively… So why hasn’t he been signed by anyone yet and potentially headed back to the KHL?
Jun 9, 2011, 8:38 PM EDT
The Blue Jackets are rumored to throw this package deal at the Flyers for Jeff Carter: Jakub Voracek and the eight pick of the 2011 draft. This post discusses why this rumored trade might make sense for both sides.
May 19, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
It’s unclear what did (or did not) happen between Nikolay Zherdev and his wife today, but the Flyers admitted they’re aware of the conflicting reports. There does seem to be one consensus among most people, though: Zherdev’s NHL future is in serious doubt.
Apr 18, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
The Flyers changed things up in goal and changed their fortune for the better beating Buffalo 4-2 to take a 2-1 lead in the series.
Apr 5, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
Management in Philadelphia has been happy with Nikolay Zherdev’s play as of late — but will be able to keep it up for a playoff run?
Feb 14, 2011, 7:13 PM EDT
The Maple Leafs continue to clean house for their rebuild and sent Kris Versteeg to Philadelphia for a pair of 2011 draft picks. Question now is, who sits down in Philly or is there another move coming.
Jan 23, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
The Flyers showed why they’re the best in the Eastern Conference after humbling the defending champion Blackhawks 4-1 in Chicago.
Dec 18, 2010, 4:22 PM EDT
In the Flyers first game without Chris Pronger it appears their dedication to stifling defense is as strong as ever.
Oct 14, 2010, 11:23 AM EDT
During the off-season when it came time for the Philadelphia Flyers to shed some salary to be able to have some spending flexibility during the summer, there weren’t a lot of candidates to be sent out of town to make it happen. One guy who stood out amongst the pack thanks to having just one…
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 13
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 42
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)