Jan 7, 2012, 5:06 PM EST
Better to be safe than sorry especially when it comes to concussion worries.
Jan 6, 2012, 10:05 AM EST
“I guess everybody has their fuse. Some guys’ are shorter, some guys’ are longer. I don’t know how long mine is.”
Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
Russia beats Canada, Alzner pays up.
Jan 5, 2012, 10:08 AM EST
A team executive is supportive of a suspension of his player? That’s a new one.
Jan 4, 2012, 7:31 PM EST
Forfeits over $200,000 in salary.
Jan 4, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
Washington irate over potentially losing leading scorer.
Jan 4, 2012, 10:12 AM EST
It might be time for an extended sit-down here.
Dec 31, 2011, 8:29 AM EST
Funny how the team is so much more successful when their stars are producing.
Dec 21, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EST
The big three scored in the same game for the first time this season.
Dec 19, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
The Sabres are a little too top-heavy at the moment.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 PM EST
Washington scores four power-play goals and generally gives some reason for optimism, although there are a few caveats.
Dec 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin even looked like the Ovi of old on his ninth goal of the season.
Dec 7, 2011, 12:42 PM EST
At this point, the Caps might as well try it.
Nov 29, 2011, 8:22 AM EST
Dale Hunter’s first game as Caps head coach comes against a tough as nails Blues team.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
If Dale Hunter wants to get the Caps snapped out of it and back, he should let them run free on the ice.
Nov 10, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
Changes could be coming down the middle following a 5-2 loss to Dallas.
Nov 9, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Will Kyle Turris be traded? Any player score 100 points? Ryan Nugent-Hopkins win the Calder?
Nov 7, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Minnesota goalie went 3-0-0 last week while allowing just three goals.
Nov 2, 2011, 8:19 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin was benched late in last night’s 5-4 overtime win. Trouble in paradise?
Nov 1, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
Nicklas Backstrom is the hero as the Caps come back from a three goal deficit to escape with the 5-4 win. But where was Alex Ovechkin at the end of the game?
Nov 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Mats Sundin and Peter Forsberg are multiple winners of the Viking Award, given annually to the top Swedish player in North America.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
It was an awful night for Tomas Vokoun and a bad one for the Capitals’ top scorers, but pluggers like Jason Chimera and Troy Brouwer saved the day. The Lightning shouldn’t be pleased with their play either, though.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Can the Capitals finally get over the hump in a pivotal 2011-12 season? It’s hard to say no after they added a legitimate top goalie in Tomas Vokoun.
Sep 22, 2011, 10:44 AM EST
The Capitals are finally going to use Alex Ovechkin where he should be on the power play – close to the net, rather than in a less effective role on the PP point.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 150
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (150)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)