Jan 4, 2012, 3:34 PM EST
Washington irate over potentially losing leading scorer.
Jan 4, 2012, 10:12 AM EST
It might be time for an extended sit-down here.
Dec 31, 2011, 8:29 AM EST
Funny how the team is so much more successful when their stars are producing.
Dec 21, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
This post is part of a series looking at the issue and impact of concussions in the NHL. ProHockeyTalk and Comcast SportsNet are featuring pieces today as a lead-in to tonight’s special edition of NHL Live on Versus (6:30 p.m. EST.)
Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EST
The big three scored in the same game for the first time this season.
Dec 19, 2011, 6:46 PM EST
The Sabres are a little too top-heavy at the moment.
Dec 9, 2011, 9:52 PM EST
Washington scores four power-play goals and generally gives some reason for optimism, although there are a few caveats.
Dec 7, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin even looked like the Ovi of old on his ninth goal of the season.
Dec 7, 2011, 12:42 PM EST
At this point, the Caps might as well try it.
Nov 29, 2011, 8:22 AM EST
Dale Hunter’s first game as Caps head coach comes against a tough as nails Blues team.
Nov 28, 2011, 9:14 AM EST
If Dale Hunter wants to get the Caps snapped out of it and back, he should let them run free on the ice.
Nov 10, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
Changes could be coming down the middle following a 5-2 loss to Dallas.
Nov 9, 2011, 6:57 PM EST
Will Kyle Turris be traded? Any player score 100 points? Ryan Nugent-Hopkins win the Calder?
Nov 7, 2011, 12:11 PM EST
Minnesota goalie went 3-0-0 last week while allowing just three goals.
Nov 2, 2011, 8:19 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin was benched late in last night’s 5-4 overtime win. Trouble in paradise?
Nov 1, 2011, 11:00 PM EST
Nicklas Backstrom is the hero as the Caps come back from a three goal deficit to escape with the 5-4 win. But where was Alex Ovechkin at the end of the game?
Nov 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Mats Sundin and Peter Forsberg are multiple winners of the Viking Award, given annually to the top Swedish player in North America.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
It was an awful night for Tomas Vokoun and a bad one for the Capitals’ top scorers, but pluggers like Jason Chimera and Troy Brouwer saved the day. The Lightning shouldn’t be pleased with their play either, though.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Can the Capitals finally get over the hump in a pivotal 2011-12 season? It’s hard to say no after they added a legitimate top goalie in Tomas Vokoun.
Sep 22, 2011, 10:44 AM EST
The Capitals are finally going to use Alex Ovechkin where he should be on the power play – close to the net, rather than in a less effective role on the PP point.
Sep 20, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
The ice conditions in Baltimore for tonight’s preseason game between Washington and Nashville appear to be awfully dangerous.
Aug 11, 2011, 6:59 PM EST
NHL.com put together an interesting list of 10 players who might bounce back next season. PHT weighs in regarding which ones might actually do that.
Aug 9, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
Caps coach Bruce Boudreau was happy to have the Caps be more defensive last season, but he wants them to do that and score tons of goals this season.
Jul 14, 2011, 11:32 AM EST
The Capitals are wise to resist the urge to “blow things up” after a few disappointments, as owner Ted Leonsis points out that their window to win a title could be open for “10-15 years.”
Jul 1, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
It’s free agent day and Brad Richards is the biggest prize on the market. But where will he go? Here’s five places we think he’s got a great shot at landing at.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 28
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)