Apr 7, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
Washington gets a rare chance to be flat-out underdogs in the playoffs.
Apr 2, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
It’s also worth watching Steven Stamkos, who is four goals away from 60.
Mar 31, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
Washington might also have a chance at the Southeast Division title.
Mar 31, 2012, 8:03 PM EDT
They’re also down 1-0 to Toronto while Washington leads Montreal through the first period.
Mar 31, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
He’s been out since early January with a concussion, missing 40 games in all.
Mar 28, 2012, 1:57 PM EDT
He’d just like to throw it out there.
Mar 28, 2012, 11:39 AM EDT
It’s just a one-game road trip and the Caps are in desperation mode. Do the math.
Mar 27, 2012, 4:52 PM EDT
Participation in battle drills has fueled speculation.
Mar 26, 2012, 12:28 PM EDT
First time he’s done that since suffering a concussion on Jan 3.
Mar 25, 2012, 1:07 AM EDT
Alex Ovechkin will look to extend his goal scoring streak to five games.
Mar 24, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
The Caps get a boost when they need it most.
Mar 23, 2012, 6:11 PM EDT
Brendan Shanahan called the hit “dangerous” and “reckless.”
Mar 23, 2012, 7:19 AM EDT
Enjoy Friday’s collection of links.
Mar 21, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
Could the Caps get their top center back for the playoffs?
Mar 15, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
The Capitals’ top center spoke with reporters today.
Mar 14, 2012, 11:23 AM EDT
First, a four-game win streak and now their top playmaker is feeling better.
Mar 10, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Olaf Kolzig: “I think part of it is he’s feeling a little not as loved as he used to be.”
Mar 9, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
The two defensemen are the team’s third and fourth leading scorers this season.
Mar 5, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Refuting claims from a Swedish newspaper report.
Mar 1, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
But he’s in “terrific shape right now.”
Feb 28, 2012, 6:28 PM EDT
The Canucks are the favorites.
Feb 27, 2012, 8:40 PM EDT
No bold moves, but this bold statement: the Capitals could beat “any team” in the East with a healthy Nicklas Backstrom.
Feb 27, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Rick Nash stays in Columbus, gets chucked under bus.
Feb 27, 2012, 9:37 AM EDT
The Caps will have a lot of cap space to play with today.
Feb 22, 2012, 12:05 PM EDT
Is he hurt? Will he play tonight in Ottawa? Short answer: Not sure.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 0
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 5
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 14
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 34
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 12
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)