May 16, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
Road wins and hat tricks.
Apr 26, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
The Devils coughed up a 2-0 lead in the third period … in the name of history!
Apr 5, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Phoenix is a good place for single-season shutout spans.
Apr 1, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Symbolically enough, on the same night that the Lightning were officially eliminated.
Feb 14, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Do shootout wins taint their home winning streak?
Feb 12, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Detroit is looking to tie a NHL record for consecutive wins at home with 20.
Feb 10, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Lidstrom and Holmstrom reach milestones while the Red Wings are one win away from tying the all-time record for consecutive home victories.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
Want a totally unfair stat to reinforce Martin Brodeur’s struggles? Wednesday’s defeat put him in a three-way tie for the all-time record for losses with 352.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 AM EDT
With just one save, Tim Thomas will pass former Canucks goalie Kirk McLean’s all-time mark for saves in a single playoff year (they’re currently locked up at 761). As impressive as that record might be, the flamboyant Bruins goalie hopes to surpass him in a more profound way by winning Game 7, too.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 79
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32