May 16, 2012, 12:21 AM EDT
Road wins and hat tricks.
Apr 26, 2012, 11:25 PM EDT
The Devils coughed up a 2-0 lead in the third period … in the name of history!
Apr 5, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Phoenix is a good place for single-season shutout spans.
Apr 1, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Symbolically enough, on the same night that the Lightning were officially eliminated.
Feb 14, 2012, 10:29 AM EDT
Do shootout wins taint their home winning streak?
Feb 12, 2012, 4:40 PM EDT
Detroit is looking to tie a NHL record for consecutive wins at home with 20.
Feb 10, 2012, 10:54 PM EDT
Lidstrom and Holmstrom reach milestones while the Red Wings are one win away from tying the all-time record for consecutive home victories.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
Want a totally unfair stat to reinforce Martin Brodeur’s struggles? Wednesday’s defeat put him in a three-way tie for the all-time record for losses with 352.
Jun 15, 2011, 11:53 PM EDT
While most people were expecting Tim Thomas to win the Conn Smythe Trophy whether he won or lost, pitching a 37-save shutout in Game 7 solidified his historic run. Read more about his journey (and the many records he broke along the way) in this post.
Jun 14, 2011, 4:25 AM EDT
With just one save, Tim Thomas will pass former Canucks goalie Kirk McLean’s all-time mark for saves in a single playoff year (they’re currently locked up at 761). As impressive as that record might be, the flamboyant Bruins goalie hopes to surpass him in a more profound way by winning Game 7, too.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63