Jan 18, 2012, 7:43 PM EST
The Blues goalie frustrates Ovechkin in both human and digital forms.
Oct 5, 2011, 6:06 PM EST
EA Sports’ NHL 12 simulation shows us that the Stanley Cup finals will be a Pittsburgh-Chicago throwdown with Sid the Kid coming out on top.
Sep 21, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
EA Sports announced that NHL 12 produced the best first week of sales in the history of the beloved hockey video game series.
Sep 17, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
It’s been a few days since NHL 12 came out, so here’s a roundup of critical responses to EA Sports’ newest hockey video game.
Sep 12, 2011, 12:05 AM EST
EA Sports decided to add the option to create female hockey players for NHL 12 after a 14-year-old hockey fan named Lexi Peters asked them why the previous games lack that option. Better yet, though: Peters will actually appear in the game as the first female player.
Aug 27, 2011, 6:11 PM EST
Here’s a quick roundup of some first impressions people shared about the NHL 12 demo. There’s also video of a trailer for the demo and a separate clip that includes a goalie fight between Tim Thomas and Roberto Luongo. In a way, it’s exactly what video games are for.
Aug 22, 2011, 3:31 PM EST
Quick hits from around the NHL: Dave Scatchard retires, NHL 12 won’t have the Jets jerseys until its first roster update and Craig Adams will miss about four weeks because of an appendectomy.
Aug 18, 2011, 7:23 PM EST
Mario Lemieux and Gordie Howe were the final two legends that EA Sports announced for NHL 12. Check out the promotional video and a little insight on how all nine legends will be integrated into the game.
Aug 17, 2011, 3:37 PM EST
Steve Yzerman, Patrick Roy, Borje Salming and Jeremy Roenick join Ray Bourque, Chris Chelios and Wayne Gretzky on the list of legends who will appear in NHL 12. While many of us wonder which two (or more) legends will round out that group, some are complaining about the “little things” like the equipment those players used.
Aug 16, 2011, 2:21 PM EST
EA Sports released the soundtrack for NHL 12. If you think that we won’t make any cheesy jokes involving the song titles, You’ve Got Another Thing Comin’.
Aug 12, 2011, 4:25 PM EST
Wayne Gretzky, Chris Chelios and Ray Bourque have been officially revealed as the first three of nine legends who will appear in EA Sports’ NHL ’12. We take a look at who might rank as the six other legends and ask: which players would you like to see in the game?
Aug 8, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Perhaps taking a cue from NBA 2K11’s popular inclusion of Michael Jordan, it looks like EA Sports’ upcoming NHL ’12 will feature legends such as Wayne Gretzky, Mario Lemieux, Gordie Howe and more.
Jul 28, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
A supposed screenshot made many believe that the new Jets’ jerseys had been “leaked” by EA Sports, but it turns out that it wasn’t from either NHL ’11 or the upcoming title NHL ’12.
Jul 20, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
EA Sports released an intriguing video that details the changes that have been made to their Be a Pro mode for NHL ’12.
Jul 12, 2011, 1:37 AM EST
EA Sports unveiled their “hat trick of innovations” for their upcoming NHL ’12 title recently. Watch video of those changes and check out our analysis of how those innovations might work in this post.
Jun 22, 2011, 11:30 PM EST
Steven Stamkos will be the cover star for NHL ’12, which must be a thrill for someone who was once a “big gamer.”
May 26, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
2K Sports announced that their won’t be an NHL2K12 game on any console. It’s doubtful we’ll see another title in that series again.
May 26, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Are you craving information about EA Sports’ NHL ’12? Do you need a little more information as you wait for the title to ship on September 13? Check out this post for a video preview and a quick rundown of the details.
May 20, 2011, 12:57 AM EST
It looks like EA Sports’ NHL ’12 hockey video game will include one much-awaited feature: the ability to play in The Winter Classic.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)