Jun 11, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
After being glaringly absent during the regular season.
Apr 16, 2012, 8:13 PM EDT
Not like the Kings’ staff faced on Sunday, but still.
Apr 12, 2012, 11:00 PM EDT
Big Z kept Ovi almost completely under wraps.
Apr 12, 2012, 12:13 AM EDT
Small sample sizes are the best.
Apr 10, 2012, 7:01 PM EDT
Meanwhile, Dallas Stars might want to sell tin foil hats as memorabilia …
Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 PM EDT
Meanwhile, the Sabres keep stride with the Capitals.
Mar 16, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Obligatory joke: Perhaps they can be found at the White House?
Mar 13, 2012, 12:57 AM EDT
The splendid Swede won it for Colorado.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 PM EDT
Can Bruce Boudreau’s bunch complete an unlikely run after reaching the .500 mark tonight?
Feb 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Debating the merits of a very courageous strategy.
Feb 9, 2012, 8:00 AM EDT
Can the Sabres beat long odds?
Feb 2, 2012, 10:11 PM EDT
Actually, they really just can’t beat Cam Ward this season.
Jan 30, 2012, 9:35 PM EDT
A breakdown of the arguments for and against the budding young star.
Jan 20, 2012, 10:57 PM EDT
Geno is putting up some of the best numbers of his brilliant career.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:37 PM EDT
Ilya Bryzgalov said he’s happy with the Flyers’ team results, but isn’t so pleased with his own work so far.
Sep 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Whether you measure a blueliner’s defensive ability by plus/minus or a more sophisticated metric, Jack Johnson hasn’t been very strong in his own end. Should the Kings expect that to change next season?
Sep 2, 2011, 11:41 AM EDT
Jay Feaster says that Miikka Kiprusoff won’t start 70+ games next season but expects to see more out of winger Niklas Hagman in 2011-12.
Jul 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Want to know how officials have treated all 30 NHL teams since the lockout? This post takes a look at which teams enjoyed the best and worst disparities in power plays and penalties during the last six seasons. (Apologies to any conspiracy theories this might weaken.)
Jul 24, 2011, 12:12 AM EDT
The Vancouver Canucks’ dominant 2010-11 season is reflected in Special Teams Plus/Minus stats, but find out how the other 29 teams fared. Following that, put on your tin foil hats and take a look at which teams enjoyed far more (or far less) power plays than penalties.
Jul 23, 2011, 11:05 PM EDT
Now that we shared which teams featured the best and worst PP units, we’ll give shorthanded squads the same treatment with the 2010-11 Penalty Kill Plus/Minus stats.
Jul 23, 2011, 10:22 PM EDT
The power play percentage stat might seem like a good indicator of the best units in the NHL, but it doesn’t factor in the total amount of PP goals scored or the shorthanded goals allowed. That’s why we like to take a look at “Power Play Plus/Minus” to see which power plays were really the best and worst.
Jul 18, 2011, 6:54 PM EDT
After covering the forwards, this post takes a look at which goalies and teams have been most successful since the shootout was instituted in the 2005-06 season. As it turns out, Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers benefited the most.
Jul 18, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
A recent report pointed to Jarret Stoll’s 2010-11 season as the best single campaign in shootout history. We couldn’t help but wonder: who are the all-time leaders in shootout scoring, though? Check out this post to find out which players are the kings of the shootout.
Jul 11, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
The Wild introduced Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi today. There’s been a lot of debate about how much Minnesota really improved with those two moves, but they might benefit if Heatley and Setoguchi do what they’re asked to do: shoot. A lot.
Jun 26, 2011, 12:51 AM EDT
Want a little more information about the 2011 NHL Entry Draft? Check out these interesting (and sometimes obscure) stats.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)