Jun 11, 2012, 8:10 PM EST
After being glaringly absent during the regular season.
Apr 16, 2012, 8:13 PM EST
Not like the Kings’ staff faced on Sunday, but still.
Apr 12, 2012, 11:00 PM EST
Big Z kept Ovi almost completely under wraps.
Apr 12, 2012, 12:13 AM EST
Small sample sizes are the best.
Apr 10, 2012, 7:01 PM EST
Meanwhile, Dallas Stars might want to sell tin foil hats as memorabilia …
Mar 19, 2012, 10:43 PM EST
Meanwhile, the Sabres keep stride with the Capitals.
Mar 16, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Obligatory joke: Perhaps they can be found at the White House?
Mar 13, 2012, 12:57 AM EST
The splendid Swede won it for Colorado.
Feb 15, 2012, 10:02 PM EST
Can Bruce Boudreau’s bunch complete an unlikely run after reaching the .500 mark tonight?
Feb 14, 2012, 8:30 AM EST
Debating the merits of a very courageous strategy.
Feb 9, 2012, 8:00 AM EST
Can the Sabres beat long odds?
Feb 2, 2012, 10:11 PM EST
Actually, they really just can’t beat Cam Ward this season.
Jan 30, 2012, 9:35 PM EST
A breakdown of the arguments for and against the budding young star.
Jan 20, 2012, 10:57 PM EST
Geno is putting up some of the best numbers of his brilliant career.
Oct 22, 2011, 1:37 PM EST
Ilya Bryzgalov said he’s happy with the Flyers’ team results, but isn’t so pleased with his own work so far.
Sep 21, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Whether you measure a blueliner’s defensive ability by plus/minus or a more sophisticated metric, Jack Johnson hasn’t been very strong in his own end. Should the Kings expect that to change next season?
Sep 2, 2011, 11:41 AM EST
Jay Feaster says that Miikka Kiprusoff won’t start 70+ games next season but expects to see more out of winger Niklas Hagman in 2011-12.
Jul 24, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Want to know how officials have treated all 30 NHL teams since the lockout? This post takes a look at which teams enjoyed the best and worst disparities in power plays and penalties during the last six seasons. (Apologies to any conspiracy theories this might weaken.)
Jul 24, 2011, 12:12 AM EST
The Vancouver Canucks’ dominant 2010-11 season is reflected in Special Teams Plus/Minus stats, but find out how the other 29 teams fared. Following that, put on your tin foil hats and take a look at which teams enjoyed far more (or far less) power plays than penalties.
Jul 23, 2011, 11:05 PM EST
Now that we shared which teams featured the best and worst PP units, we’ll give shorthanded squads the same treatment with the 2010-11 Penalty Kill Plus/Minus stats.
Jul 23, 2011, 10:22 PM EST
The power play percentage stat might seem like a good indicator of the best units in the NHL, but it doesn’t factor in the total amount of PP goals scored or the shorthanded goals allowed. That’s why we like to take a look at “Power Play Plus/Minus” to see which power plays were really the best and worst.
Jul 18, 2011, 6:54 PM EST
After covering the forwards, this post takes a look at which goalies and teams have been most successful since the shootout was instituted in the 2005-06 season. As it turns out, Henrik Lundqvist and the Rangers benefited the most.
Jul 18, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
A recent report pointed to Jarret Stoll’s 2010-11 season as the best single campaign in shootout history. We couldn’t help but wonder: who are the all-time leaders in shootout scoring, though? Check out this post to find out which players are the kings of the shootout.
Jul 11, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
The Wild introduced Dany Heatley and Devin Setoguchi today. There’s been a lot of debate about how much Minnesota really improved with those two moves, but they might benefit if Heatley and Setoguchi do what they’re asked to do: shoot. A lot.
Jun 26, 2011, 12:51 AM EST
Want a little more information about the 2011 NHL Entry Draft? Check out these interesting (and sometimes obscure) stats.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 13
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)