Sep 22, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
The hopes of keeping the Islanders in Long Island aren’t totally dead just yet, as a task force proposed a $346.5 million plan to renovate Nassau Coliseum and its surrounding area.
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
PHT agrees with the general sentiment of Arctic Hockey’s post against the idea of publicly funding arenas.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 AM EDT
Getting ready to vote for the Islanders’ August 1 arena referendum? Do you just want a collection of thoughts on the situation? This post has you covered either way.
Jul 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The New York Islanders announced they’ll be hosting an event outside Nassau Coliseum with current and former Islanders players, ice girls, and a free concert featuring Blue Oyster Cult to help convince voters to vote “YES” for a new arena on August 1.
Jul 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
As the vote for a new arena on Long Island approaches, a few members of the New York Rangers organization have spoken out to lend their support for the Islanders and their fans.
Jul 9, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT
The Islanders are asking for $4 million from Nassau county to repair their aging arena.
May 10, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
The Islanders are expected to make an announcement about their arena situation on Wednesday.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)