Sep 22, 2011, 4:23 PM EST
The hopes of keeping the Islanders in Long Island aren’t totally dead just yet, as a task force proposed a $346.5 million plan to renovate Nassau Coliseum and its surrounding area.
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 AM EST
PHT agrees with the general sentiment of Arctic Hockey’s post against the idea of publicly funding arenas.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EST
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 AM EST
Getting ready to vote for the Islanders’ August 1 arena referendum? Do you just want a collection of thoughts on the situation? This post has you covered either way.
Jul 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
The New York Islanders announced they’ll be hosting an event outside Nassau Coliseum with current and former Islanders players, ice girls, and a free concert featuring Blue Oyster Cult to help convince voters to vote “YES” for a new arena on August 1.
Jul 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
As the vote for a new arena on Long Island approaches, a few members of the New York Rangers organization have spoken out to lend their support for the Islanders and their fans.
Jul 9, 2011, 10:24 PM EST
The Islanders are asking for $4 million from Nassau county to repair their aging arena.
May 10, 2011, 2:27 PM EST
The Islanders are expected to make an announcement about their arena situation on Wednesday.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 8
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 11
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33