Apr 6, 2015, 8:33 AM EDT
Monday’s collection of links.
Sep 22, 2011, 4:23 PM EDT
The hopes of keeping the Islanders in Long Island aren’t totally dead just yet, as a task force proposed a $346.5 million plan to renovate Nassau Coliseum and its surrounding area.
Aug 4, 2011, 11:58 AM EDT
PHT agrees with the general sentiment of Arctic Hockey’s post against the idea of publicly funding arenas.
Aug 1, 2011, 10:08 PM EDT
It wouldn’t be an Islanders situation without a few pitfalls, but the polls are closed and now Islanders fans await to see if the voters of Nassau County approve spending $400 million for a new arena complex.
Jul 31, 2011, 10:53 AM EDT
Getting ready to vote for the Islanders’ August 1 arena referendum? Do you just want a collection of thoughts on the situation? This post has you covered either way.
Jul 21, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
The New York Islanders announced they’ll be hosting an event outside Nassau Coliseum with current and former Islanders players, ice girls, and a free concert featuring Blue Oyster Cult to help convince voters to vote “YES” for a new arena on August 1.
Jul 14, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
As the vote for a new arena on Long Island approaches, a few members of the New York Rangers organization have spoken out to lend their support for the Islanders and their fans.
Jul 9, 2011, 10:24 PM EDT
The Islanders are asking for $4 million from Nassau county to repair their aging arena.
May 10, 2011, 2:27 PM EDT
The Islanders are expected to make an announcement about their arena situation on Wednesday.
- Sabres’ Kane (shoulder) ‘ahead of schedule’ with recovery 0
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 25
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 16
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 57
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (58)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)