Apr 17, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
This might be the least stunning development of the postseason. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 16, 2012, 7:21 PM EDT
That’s some quality trolling.
Apr 16, 2012, 3:48 PM EDT
Sens forward got after Brian Boyle…while Boyle was doing a pre-game interview.
Apr 16, 2012, 9:53 AM EDT
“I was really close to a one-game suspension on that and when I talked to Detroit and I talked to (Ken Holland) he basically said the player was fine.”
Apr 16, 2012, 2:00 AM EDT
The shoe might fit in Hollywood.
Apr 15, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
Another goal for Shea Weber while Pekka Rinne dominates in goal. Sound familiar?
Apr 15, 2012, 1:51 PM EDT
This postseason has not been kind to protective headgear.
Apr 15, 2012, 11:36 AM EDT
Three separate disciplinary hearings will test his ability to mete out suspensions.
Apr 15, 2012, 2:33 AM EDT
Red Wings hope their home ice dominance extends to the postseason.
Apr 15, 2012, 2:19 AM EDT
Detroit, Nashville series is tied at 1-1 going into Sunday’s contest in Detroit.
Apr 14, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
Making the Coyotes goalie work even harder is what the playoffs are about for Chicago. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:29 PM EDT
Nashville was first in the NHL with a 21.6% power-play success rate in the regular season, but they haven’t taken advantage of Detroit’s mistakes.
Apr 13, 2012, 10:14 PM EDT
The Predators are still searching for their first power-play goal.
Apr 13, 2012, 8:26 PM EDT
Wings move on after the scrap and take an early lead.
Apr 13, 2012, 4:43 PM EDT
Kerry Fraser weighs in on the most controversial play of the postseason…thus far.
Apr 13, 2012, 12:58 PM EDT
Towering defenseman won’t face Detroit for the second straight game.
Apr 13, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Friday’s collection of links.
Apr 12, 2012, 8:58 PM EDT
Plus some more discussion of the Shea Weber non-suspension.
Apr 12, 2012, 8:10 PM EDT
Jeremy Roenick and Bill Patrick believe that the NHL “dropped the ball.”
Apr 12, 2012, 7:47 PM EDT
The Red Wings coach has also “moved on” from the Weber hit.
Apr 12, 2012, 7:44 PM EDT
Vancouver forward steamrolled Kyle Clifford on Wednesday.
Apr 12, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
Red Wings forward not happy with hit, or ruined equipment.
Apr 12, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
“If there’s no suspension for something as blatant and contrary to league dictates as Weber’s act, then there can be no suspension for anyone the rest of the playoffs.”
Apr 12, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
Canucks forward was tossed from Wednesday’s game vs. LA for boarding Kyle Clifford.
Apr 12, 2012, 1:16 PM EDT
NHL deems it a “reckless and reactionary play.”
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 3
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 38
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 23
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)