Jun 5, 2011, 5:01 PM EDT
Mark Recchi’s Game 2 goal didn’t win the Bruins the game, but it did break a record. He became the oldest player to score a Stanley Cup finals goal at 43.
Apr 7, 2011, 12:45 AM EDT
Some worried that the NHL might not have a 50-goal scorer this season, but Corey Perry solved that problem with a hat trick against the Sharks tonight. Watch the video evidence in this post.
Feb 7, 2011, 11:33 PM EDT
Check out this video, which celebrates the 135th anniversary of the first mention of a hockey puck.
Nov 24, 2010, 9:15 PM EDT
Now that Alex Kovalev and Daniel Alfredsson hit the 1,000 point mark, who might be the next European to reach that plateau? Likely candidates include Alex Ovechkin, Ilya Kovalchuk, Marian Hossa … and the Sedin twins.
Nov 23, 2010, 11:23 PM EDT
Wayne Gretzky loves Steve Stamkos’ game and his work ethic, but “The Great One” thinks it’s a little early for 50 goal in 50 game discussions.
Oct 22, 2010, 10:59 PM EDT
Much like eating a Reese’s, there’s really no wrong way for an NHL player to reach his 1,000th point. That being said, it makes it that much more special if a player can do it in style. Daniel Alfredsson capped a great performance – and highlighted a fantastic career – by scoring an empty net…
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 71
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5