Feb 20, 2012, 11:33 AM EDT
Kirk Muller calls it a “slight tweak.’
Dec 7, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
Matt Hackett and Mike Murphy couldn’t have had more opposite kinds of NHL debuts. Coincidentally, neither guy allowed a goal.
Jun 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Did the league contribute to a toxic atmosphere in Game 3 when Aaron Rome leveled Nathan Horton or was Rome’s hit completely unrelated to the rest of the series? Different journalists around the country have differing opinions.
Jun 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EDT
Mike Murphy consulted with former league disciplinarian (and former Canucks GM) prior to issuing 4-game suspension to Aaron Rome. Yet again, the NHL has faces more questions with another conflict of interests.
Jun 7, 2011, 2:46 PM EDT
If you’ve grown tired with the taunting and silliness between both teams in the Stanley Cup finals, you’ll be relieved to know the NHL is as well.
Jun 7, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Nathan Horton won’t be returning to the Stanley Cup finals after suffering a severe concussion thanks to Aaron Rome’s terrible hit in Game 3.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Alex Burrows for biting Patrice Bergeron. Check out this post for more details and poll results.
May 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EDT
We’ve been waiting patiently for the first hysterical, conspiracy-laden column out of Vancouver regarding the Stanley Cup finals. Thankfully, Tony Gallagher took care of things for us.
May 17, 2011, 3:40 PM EDT
Remember when the Flyers were in the playoffs? That was all of ten days ago and Dan Carcillo apparently did a bad thing back then and he’ll sit out the first two games next year for it.
Mar 18, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
Patric Hornqvist will pay a $2,500 fine for his hit on Tyler Seguin, but won’t face a suspension.
Mar 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EDT
The latest suspension may or may not go to Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist, who caught Boston’s Tyler Seguin with an elbow last night.
Mar 10, 2011, 12:36 AM EDT
Max Pacioretty spoke out tonight about the vicious hit he took from Zdeno Chara and he’s not happy with Chara or the NHL.
Mar 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
In a surprising turn of events, the NHL didn’t fine or suspend Zdeno Chara for his brutal hit on Max Pacioretty. Vote in the poll to determine if the league made the right call or not.
Mar 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
Zdeno Chara’s ugly hit on Max Pacioretty leaves the NHL in an awkward position of determining a lot of factors that aren’t readily apparent.
Jan 27, 2011, 10:27 AM EDT
Former NHL great Rob Blake goes from being feared on the ice to being feared off of it as he lands a job in the NHL front office
Jan 21, 2011, 5:50 PM EDT
Dean Lombardi’s apologized for what he said about Mike Murphy and now he’ll pay for it to the tune of $50,000.
Jan 21, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
After sleeping off the hangover of the Kings 2-0 loss to Phoenix, Kings GM Dean Lombardi feels bad about what he said after the game.
Jan 21, 2011, 6:13 AM EDT
Martin Hanzal’s controversial second period goal has Kings GM Dean Lombardi steaming mad about the Toronto war room reviewing the call.
Dec 26, 2010, 12:50 PM EDT
Turns out the Bruins catch a break thanks to the league office not suspending Milan Lucic for his match penalty against the Thrashers.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)