Feb 20, 2012, 11:33 AM EST
Kirk Muller calls it a “slight tweak.’
Dec 7, 2011, 8:10 AM EST
Matt Hackett and Mike Murphy couldn’t have had more opposite kinds of NHL debuts. Coincidentally, neither guy allowed a goal.
Jun 8, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Did the league contribute to a toxic atmosphere in Game 3 when Aaron Rome leveled Nathan Horton or was Rome’s hit completely unrelated to the rest of the series? Different journalists around the country have differing opinions.
Jun 7, 2011, 10:23 PM EST
Mike Murphy consulted with former league disciplinarian (and former Canucks GM) prior to issuing 4-game suspension to Aaron Rome. Yet again, the NHL has faces more questions with another conflict of interests.
Jun 7, 2011, 2:46 PM EST
If you’ve grown tired with the taunting and silliness between both teams in the Stanley Cup finals, you’ll be relieved to know the NHL is as well.
Jun 7, 2011, 10:47 AM EST
Nathan Horton won’t be returning to the Stanley Cup finals after suffering a severe concussion thanks to Aaron Rome’s terrible hit in Game 3.
Jun 2, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
The NHL won’t fine or suspend Alex Burrows for biting Patrice Bergeron. Check out this post for more details and poll results.
May 29, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
We’ve been waiting patiently for the first hysterical, conspiracy-laden column out of Vancouver regarding the Stanley Cup finals. Thankfully, Tony Gallagher took care of things for us.
May 17, 2011, 3:40 PM EST
Remember when the Flyers were in the playoffs? That was all of ten days ago and Dan Carcillo apparently did a bad thing back then and he’ll sit out the first two games next year for it.
Mar 18, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
Patric Hornqvist will pay a $2,500 fine for his hit on Tyler Seguin, but won’t face a suspension.
Mar 18, 2011, 12:20 PM EST
The latest suspension may or may not go to Nashville’s Patric Hornqvist, who caught Boston’s Tyler Seguin with an elbow last night.
Mar 10, 2011, 12:36 AM EST
Max Pacioretty spoke out tonight about the vicious hit he took from Zdeno Chara and he’s not happy with Chara or the NHL.
Mar 9, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
In a surprising turn of events, the NHL didn’t fine or suspend Zdeno Chara for his brutal hit on Max Pacioretty. Vote in the poll to determine if the league made the right call or not.
Mar 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Zdeno Chara’s ugly hit on Max Pacioretty leaves the NHL in an awkward position of determining a lot of factors that aren’t readily apparent.
Jan 27, 2011, 10:27 AM EST
Former NHL great Rob Blake goes from being feared on the ice to being feared off of it as he lands a job in the NHL front office
Jan 21, 2011, 5:50 PM EST
Dean Lombardi’s apologized for what he said about Mike Murphy and now he’ll pay for it to the tune of $50,000.
Jan 21, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
After sleeping off the hangover of the Kings 2-0 loss to Phoenix, Kings GM Dean Lombardi feels bad about what he said after the game.
Jan 21, 2011, 6:13 AM EST
Martin Hanzal’s controversial second period goal has Kings GM Dean Lombardi steaming mad about the Toronto war room reviewing the call.
Dec 26, 2010, 12:50 PM EST
Turns out the Bruins catch a break thanks to the league office not suspending Milan Lucic for his match penalty against the Thrashers.
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 3
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 4
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 7
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 9
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 21
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)