May 14, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
The Red Wings announced that both Nicklas Lidstrom and Mike Modano will take some time to make a decision about retirement. Lidstrom is likely to make his decision on July 1, the first day of unrestricted free agency.
May 12, 2011, 11:17 AM EST
The Red Wings hold a significant experience advantage over the Sharks when it comes to handling the pressure of Game 7s.
May 10, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
Here’s the rundown for Game 6 between the Red Wings and Sharks.
May 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Mike Modano will play at least one more playoff game after all. The future Hall of Famer will take Johan Franzen’s place in Detroit’s lineup tonight.
May 9, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
If Johan Franzen’s bum ankle gives him too much trouble, it’ll be Mike Modano that gets to take his spot in the lineup.
May 8, 2011, 3:59 PM EST
Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen are reportedly game-time decisions for Game 5. Could that open the door for Mike Modano to get back into Detroit’s lineup?
May 6, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
Nicklas Lidstrom just turned 41, but his on-ice play and probable high salary indicate that he might be back again.
May 6, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Maybe Mike Modano should have retired last year, but he can hang up his skates knowing that he didn’t retire with gas left in the tank.
Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Playoff offensive juggernaut Johan Franzen is a late scratch for Game 4 against Phoenix. Mike Modano brings his veteran savvy against his former coach to the lineup.
Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Mike Modano probably didn’t expect what might be his last run at a Stanley Cup in the playoffs to start in the press box, but that’s where he’ll be tonight against Phoenix.
Apr 8, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Red Wings forward Mike Modano says that if the team makes it to the Stanley Cup final he’s probably hanging it up at the end of the season.
Feb 22, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
The Red Wings passed along word that Valtteri Filppula, Mike Modano and Chris Osgood are all on track for returns. Filppula and Modano could be back as soon as this week.
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EST
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Nov 26, 2010, 4:54 PM EST
In a surprisingly honest interview, Mike Modano admitted that he “kind of gave up on” the last few seasons in Dallas.
Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 PM EST
Two quick notes for tonight’s games, one of which is already in progress. Mike Modano doesn’t know what kind of reception he will receive during his awkward return to Dallas, as he suits up for the first time against his old team as a Detroit Red Wing tonight. Whether you’re a queasy Dallas Stars fan…
Oct 14, 2010, 12:21 PM EST
Mike Modano makes his less-than triumphant return to Dallas and he’s not expecting a warm welcome.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 59
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 34
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 167
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (167)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)