Jul 12, 2011, 5:24 PM EST
It’s still unclear if Teemu Selanne will retire or come back for another season, but Ducks GM Bob Murray said he was “feeling good” after skating on Monday.
Jul 8, 2011, 4:37 PM EST
Mike Modano said that he will probably decide whether or not to retire in the next two to three weeks, but who knows how long he’ll really take (or how many teams would be interested in bringing him in).
May 14, 2011, 1:11 PM EST
The Red Wings announced that both Nicklas Lidstrom and Mike Modano will take some time to make a decision about retirement. Lidstrom is likely to make his decision on July 1, the first day of unrestricted free agency.
May 12, 2011, 11:17 AM EST
The Red Wings hold a significant experience advantage over the Sharks when it comes to handling the pressure of Game 7s.
May 10, 2011, 6:36 PM EST
Here’s the rundown for Game 6 between the Red Wings and Sharks.
May 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Mike Modano will play at least one more playoff game after all. The future Hall of Famer will take Johan Franzen’s place in Detroit’s lineup tonight.
May 9, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
If Johan Franzen’s bum ankle gives him too much trouble, it’ll be Mike Modano that gets to take his spot in the lineup.
May 8, 2011, 3:59 PM EST
Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen are reportedly game-time decisions for Game 5. Could that open the door for Mike Modano to get back into Detroit’s lineup?
May 6, 2011, 5:47 PM EST
Nicklas Lidstrom just turned 41, but his on-ice play and probable high salary indicate that he might be back again.
May 6, 2011, 4:03 PM EST
Maybe Mike Modano should have retired last year, but he can hang up his skates knowing that he didn’t retire with gas left in the tank.
Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EST
Playoff offensive juggernaut Johan Franzen is a late scratch for Game 4 against Phoenix. Mike Modano brings his veteran savvy against his former coach to the lineup.
Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Mike Modano probably didn’t expect what might be his last run at a Stanley Cup in the playoffs to start in the press box, but that’s where he’ll be tonight against Phoenix.
Apr 8, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Red Wings forward Mike Modano says that if the team makes it to the Stanley Cup final he’s probably hanging it up at the end of the season.
Feb 22, 2011, 4:21 PM EST
The Red Wings passed along word that Valtteri Filppula, Mike Modano and Chris Osgood are all on track for returns. Filppula and Modano could be back as soon as this week.
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EST
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EST
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Nov 26, 2010, 4:54 PM EST
In a surprisingly honest interview, Mike Modano admitted that he “kind of gave up on” the last few seasons in Dallas.
Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 PM EST
Two quick notes for tonight’s games, one of which is already in progress. Mike Modano doesn’t know what kind of reception he will receive during his awkward return to Dallas, as he suits up for the first time against his old team as a Detroit Red Wing tonight. Whether you’re a queasy Dallas Stars fan…
Oct 14, 2010, 12:21 PM EST
Mike Modano makes his less-than triumphant return to Dallas and he’s not expecting a warm welcome.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)