Jul 12, 2011, 5:24 PM EDT
It’s still unclear if Teemu Selanne will retire or come back for another season, but Ducks GM Bob Murray said he was “feeling good” after skating on Monday.
Jul 8, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
Mike Modano said that he will probably decide whether or not to retire in the next two to three weeks, but who knows how long he’ll really take (or how many teams would be interested in bringing him in).
May 14, 2011, 1:11 PM EDT
The Red Wings announced that both Nicklas Lidstrom and Mike Modano will take some time to make a decision about retirement. Lidstrom is likely to make his decision on July 1, the first day of unrestricted free agency.
May 12, 2011, 11:17 AM EDT
The Red Wings hold a significant experience advantage over the Sharks when it comes to handling the pressure of Game 7s.
May 10, 2011, 6:36 PM EDT
Here’s the rundown for Game 6 between the Red Wings and Sharks.
May 10, 2011, 11:24 AM EDT
Mike Modano will play at least one more playoff game after all. The future Hall of Famer will take Johan Franzen’s place in Detroit’s lineup tonight.
May 9, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
If Johan Franzen’s bum ankle gives him too much trouble, it’ll be Mike Modano that gets to take his spot in the lineup.
May 8, 2011, 3:59 PM EDT
Pavel Datsyuk and Johan Franzen are reportedly game-time decisions for Game 5. Could that open the door for Mike Modano to get back into Detroit’s lineup?
May 6, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
Nicklas Lidstrom just turned 41, but his on-ice play and probable high salary indicate that he might be back again.
May 6, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Maybe Mike Modano should have retired last year, but he can hang up his skates knowing that he didn’t retire with gas left in the tank.
Apr 20, 2011, 10:51 PM EDT
Playoff offensive juggernaut Johan Franzen is a late scratch for Game 4 against Phoenix. Mike Modano brings his veteran savvy against his former coach to the lineup.
Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Mike Modano probably didn’t expect what might be his last run at a Stanley Cup in the playoffs to start in the press box, but that’s where he’ll be tonight against Phoenix.
Apr 8, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Red Wings forward Mike Modano says that if the team makes it to the Stanley Cup final he’s probably hanging it up at the end of the season.
Feb 22, 2011, 4:21 PM EDT
The Red Wings passed along word that Valtteri Filppula, Mike Modano and Chris Osgood are all on track for returns. Filppula and Modano could be back as soon as this week.
Jan 15, 2011, 8:00 PM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom reportedly won’t need surgery on his broken hand, but he is expected to miss 3-4 weeks with the injury.
Dec 26, 2010, 11:39 PM EDT
The injuries are starting to mount once again for Detroit. Dan Cleary is out indefinitely after breaking his ankle against Minnesota.
Nov 26, 2010, 4:54 PM EDT
In a surprisingly honest interview, Mike Modano admitted that he “kind of gave up on” the last few seasons in Dallas.
Oct 14, 2010, 8:23 PM EDT
Two quick notes for tonight’s games, one of which is already in progress. Mike Modano doesn’t know what kind of reception he will receive during his awkward return to Dallas, as he suits up for the first time against his old team as a Detroit Red Wing tonight. Whether you’re a queasy Dallas Stars fan…
Oct 14, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
Mike Modano makes his less-than triumphant return to Dallas and he’s not expecting a warm welcome.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 15
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)