Nov 18, 2014, 12:01 AM EST
He’s the highest scoring American-born player.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EST
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Aug 7, 2012, 6:18 PM EST
Say it ain’t so, Mikey Mo.
Jul 16, 2012, 7:13 PM EST
Mike Modano knows comeback is unlikely, but seems interested.
Jul 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EST
Not everyone is taking him seriously, though.
Jul 11, 2012, 10:09 PM EST
He was part of 2012’s class with Lou Lamoriello and Mike Modano.
Jul 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EST
Modano’s the all-time leading scorer among American-born NHLers.
Jul 10, 2012, 3:17 PM EST
He’s scored more goals and points than any other American-born NHLer.
Apr 17, 2012, 8:01 AM EST
This might be the least stunning development of the postseason. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 11, 2012, 9:22 PM EST
Video indicates his wrist was cut.
Dec 13, 2011, 8:15 AM EST
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss what made Chris Chelios one of the best NHL players from the U.S.
Dec 9, 2011, 1:27 PM EST
We hear Food and Beverage Chairman is an exciting opportunity.
Nov 25, 2011, 5:16 PM EST
Wonder how many words a minute he can type.
Nov 17, 2011, 4:05 PM EST
Mikey Mo has a warning for restaurant patrons.
Oct 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EST
Apparently playing in the NHL kept Mike Modano from posting some really weird photos on Twitter.
Sep 23, 2011, 3:20 PM EST
Mike Modano made his retirement official this afternoon – and put on his Dallas Stars number 9 jersey one last time.
Sep 23, 2011, 12:13 PM EST
PHT takes a look at some prominent American-born forwards to see who might be the “next” Mike Modano.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:38 PM EST
In a fitting gesture, the Stars signed Mike Modano to a “one-day contract” so that he’ll retire with his franchise of 20 out of 21 NHL seasons.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:25 PM EST
Mike Modano reflects on his retirement decision, while former teammates such as Joe Nieuwendyk and Chris Osgood also share their thoughts on one of the best (and most important) American hockey players of all-time.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:09 PM EST
After an outstanding career in which he broke most of the all-time records for American born NHL players, Mike Modano announced his retirement via Facebook today. He’ll hold a press conference to make it official on Friday.
Aug 30, 2011, 4:57 PM EST
Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla could reach some impressive milestones next season, particularly in Jagr’s case. This post goes deeper to look at other all-time rankings lists, showing why Mike Modano might want to come back for another season after all.
Aug 26, 2011, 11:20 PM EST
Mike Modano admits that he’s “still on the fence” when it comes to a retirement decision, with a new window for a decision being mid-September.
Jul 31, 2011, 8:10 PM EST
Whether or not Mike Modano comes back to play for one more season next year is up for debate, but you can’t say that he was a big fan of how the Red Wings had to travel in the playoffs.
Jul 30, 2011, 3:29 AM EST
Mike Modano gave NHL fans in Dallas a healthy dose of foreshadowing in a radio interview with The Ticket 1310. After 21 seasons, Mike Modano is starting to sound like a man who has played his last game.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 15
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)