Nov 18, 2014, 12:01 AM EDT
He’s the highest scoring American-born player.
Jun 23, 2014, 3:29 PM EDT
Pat Burns and Bill McCreary also join this monster class.
Aug 7, 2012, 6:18 PM EDT
Say it ain’t so, Mikey Mo.
Jul 16, 2012, 7:13 PM EDT
Mike Modano knows comeback is unlikely, but seems interested.
Jul 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Not everyone is taking him seriously, though.
Jul 11, 2012, 10:09 PM EDT
He was part of 2012’s class with Lou Lamoriello and Mike Modano.
Jul 11, 2012, 2:36 PM EDT
Modano’s the all-time leading scorer among American-born NHLers.
Jul 10, 2012, 3:17 PM EDT
He’s scored more goals and points than any other American-born NHLer.
Apr 17, 2012, 8:01 AM EDT
This might be the least stunning development of the postseason. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Apr 11, 2012, 9:22 PM EDT
Video indicates his wrist was cut.
Dec 13, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
Mike Milbury and Keith Jones discuss what made Chris Chelios one of the best NHL players from the U.S.
Dec 9, 2011, 1:27 PM EDT
We hear Food and Beverage Chairman is an exciting opportunity.
Nov 25, 2011, 5:16 PM EDT
Wonder how many words a minute he can type.
Nov 17, 2011, 4:05 PM EDT
Mikey Mo has a warning for restaurant patrons.
Oct 26, 2011, 7:48 PM EDT
Apparently playing in the NHL kept Mike Modano from posting some really weird photos on Twitter.
Sep 23, 2011, 3:20 PM EDT
Mike Modano made his retirement official this afternoon – and put on his Dallas Stars number 9 jersey one last time.
Sep 23, 2011, 12:13 PM EDT
PHT takes a look at some prominent American-born forwards to see who might be the “next” Mike Modano.
Sep 22, 2011, 1:38 PM EDT
In a fitting gesture, the Stars signed Mike Modano to a “one-day contract” so that he’ll retire with his franchise of 20 out of 21 NHL seasons.
Sep 21, 2011, 6:25 PM EDT
Mike Modano reflects on his retirement decision, while former teammates such as Joe Nieuwendyk and Chris Osgood also share their thoughts on one of the best (and most important) American hockey players of all-time.
Sep 21, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
After an outstanding career in which he broke most of the all-time records for American born NHL players, Mike Modano announced his retirement via Facebook today. He’ll hold a press conference to make it official on Friday.
Aug 30, 2011, 4:57 PM EDT
Jaromir Jagr and Jarome Iginla could reach some impressive milestones next season, particularly in Jagr’s case. This post goes deeper to look at other all-time rankings lists, showing why Mike Modano might want to come back for another season after all.
Aug 26, 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
Mike Modano admits that he’s “still on the fence” when it comes to a retirement decision, with a new window for a decision being mid-September.
Jul 31, 2011, 8:10 PM EDT
Whether or not Mike Modano comes back to play for one more season next year is up for debate, but you can’t say that he was a big fan of how the Red Wings had to travel in the playoffs.
Jul 30, 2011, 3:29 AM EDT
Mike Modano gave NHL fans in Dallas a healthy dose of foreshadowing in a radio interview with The Ticket 1310. After 21 seasons, Mike Modano is starting to sound like a man who has played his last game.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)