Jun 27, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Last summer Kevin Bieksa was the most rumored to be traded player in Vancouver. This summer, he’s signing a five-year deal to stick around.
Jun 23, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The Canucks took home a nice amount of trophies/awards during the 2011 NHL Awards, but they couldn’t fill the gap left by a squandered Stanley Cup opportunity.
Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis met with the media and explained just how many injuries the Canucks were dealing with in the playoffs.
Jun 14, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
Canucks general manager Mike Gillis gave the official update on Mason Raymond today and expressed his extreme dislike for how the hit from Johnny Boychuk went down that injured him.
Jun 5, 2011, 8:30 PM EDT
If you’re a Boston fan and you haven’t felt outraged in a few hours by the Canucks, don’t worry we’ve got your hate fuel covered.
May 4, 2011, 1:18 AM EDT
The Canucks were probably the better team in Game 3, but their overtime win ended up being controversial because of a shaky penalty call on Predators defenseman Shea Weber.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 27, 2011, 8:37 PM EDT
The NHL decided to fine Canucks GM Mike Gillis for his comments about the officiating during the team’s series against the Blackhawks. Chances are, he’s still in a pretty good mood today.
Apr 26, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Joe Thornton in the clutch? You better believe it. Also, the Canucks are on the doorstep of the asylum, Pittsburgh very well might be in trouble, and a bit about how Jamie McGinn was almost the goat and Ryan Malone the secret weapon.
Apr 25, 2011, 11:12 PM EDT
Canucks GM Mike Gillis called out the officiating in his team’s series against the Blackhawks, pointing out Chicago’s 27-16 advantage in power play opportunities.
Apr 25, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Canucks GM Mike Gillis is upset about Bryan Bickell’s hit on Kevin Bieksa that went unpenalized.
Apr 20, 2011, 12:49 PM EDT
The NHL named the three nominees for the 2010-11 GM of the Year award: Vancouver’s Mike Gillis, Nashville’s David Poile and Tampa Bay’s Steve Yzerman. Find out more about their work and vote for your favorite in the poll.
Feb 11, 2011, 5:57 PM EDT
After the huge hit that put Dan Hamhuis out of action the other night, it turns out he’s got a concussion and is out indefinitely.
Feb 8, 2011, 8:07 PM EDT
In Vancouver, accusations are flying over the ugly turn Keith Ballard’s knee took when he was brought down by Ottawa’s Milan Michalek. Was it a slew foot?
Oct 20, 2010, 2:36 AM EDT
Canucks forward Rick Rypien has the support of his teammates after going after a fan in Minnesota, but that’s about all he’ll get as he’s looking at getting a stiff suspension from the NHL. But just how many games? We have a stab in the dark.
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 13
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 3
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 96
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)