Apr 30, 2012, 8:29 AM EDT
“For me, I’d like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, ‘You’re a moron.’”
Apr 25, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Thanks to Mike Gillis for firing up this trade debate all over again.
Apr 21, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT
Who knew having one of the league’s best scorers would create such problems? That and more in the Morning Skate.
Mar 30, 2012, 7:30 AM EDT
Concussions are a strange beast, though.
Feb 29, 2012, 12:54 PM EDT
Buffalo coach unsure what type of player the 21-year-old projects to be.
Feb 25, 2012, 6:02 PM EDT
Putting Keith Ballard on LTIR gives Vancouver a lot more money to play with.
Feb 7, 2012, 4:04 PM EDT
Mike Gillis admits his backup netminder has been highly coveted.
Jan 16, 2012, 3:07 PM EDT
That’s the rumor du jour.
Jan 11, 2012, 6:58 PM EDT
Let’s do some speculating.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:07 PM EDT
But is it the Canucks that will pay the ultimate price?
Dec 8, 2011, 4:40 PM EDT
(The source is Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.)
Dec 1, 2011, 2:31 PM EDT
Media says yes, players say no.
Oct 22, 2011, 9:45 PM EDT
Canucks GM Mike Gillis and Panthers GM Dale Tallon explain their reasoning behind making the big trade today between their teams.
Oct 22, 2011, 7:41 PM EDT
A busy night in the NHL had the scene stolen by the Canucks as they acquire David Booth and Steve Reinprecht from Florida in exchange for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson.
Sep 3, 2011, 4:49 PM EDT
Marco Sturm had one heck of a down season last year. This season he hopes to show the Vancouver Canucks he’s still got it.
Aug 20, 2011, 4:04 PM EDT
Kevin Bieksa, Alexandre Burrows and Canucks GM Mike Gillis were among almost 1,000 people in attendance for Rick Rypien’s funeral on Saturday.
Aug 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Expectations are sky-high in Vancouver. But if the Canucks get off to a slow start, should Vigneault’s job be in jeopardy?
Jul 1, 2011, 11:07 AM EDT
With Christian Ehrhoff gone to Buffalo, the Canucks are keeping Sami Salo around a little bit longer on defense.
Jun 28, 2011, 9:04 PM EDT
The Canucks and Christian Ehrhoff were having a hard time agreeing on a new deal. Now they’ve sent him to the Islanders to see if they can have any luck signing the potential unrestricted free agent.
Jun 27, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
Re-signing top unrestricted free agent Kevin Bieksa wasn’t the only thing on Canucks’ GM Mike Gillis’ agenda today. He also brought back polarizing pest Maxim Lapierre with a two-year deal worth $2 million.
Jun 27, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
Last summer Kevin Bieksa was the most rumored to be traded player in Vancouver. This summer, he’s signing a five-year deal to stick around.
Jun 23, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
The Canucks took home a nice amount of trophies/awards during the 2011 NHL Awards, but they couldn’t fill the gap left by a squandered Stanley Cup opportunity.
Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 PM EDT
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis met with the media and explained just how many injuries the Canucks were dealing with in the playoffs.
Jun 14, 2011, 11:08 PM EDT
Canucks general manager Mike Gillis gave the official update on Mason Raymond today and expressed his extreme dislike for how the hit from Johnny Boychuk went down that injured him.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (141)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)