Apr 21, 2012, 10:02 AM EST
Who knew having one of the league’s best scorers would create such problems? That and more in the Morning Skate.
Mar 30, 2012, 7:30 AM EST
Concussions are a strange beast, though.
Feb 29, 2012, 12:54 PM EST
Buffalo coach unsure what type of player the 21-year-old projects to be.
Feb 25, 2012, 6:02 PM EST
Putting Keith Ballard on LTIR gives Vancouver a lot more money to play with.
Feb 7, 2012, 4:04 PM EST
Mike Gillis admits his backup netminder has been highly coveted.
Jan 16, 2012, 3:07 PM EST
That’s the rumor du jour.
Jan 11, 2012, 6:58 PM EST
Let’s do some speculating.
Dec 12, 2011, 1:07 PM EST
But is it the Canucks that will pay the ultimate price?
Dec 8, 2011, 4:40 PM EST
(The source is Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun.)
Dec 1, 2011, 2:31 PM EST
Media says yes, players say no.
Oct 22, 2011, 9:45 PM EST
Canucks GM Mike Gillis and Panthers GM Dale Tallon explain their reasoning behind making the big trade today between their teams.
Oct 22, 2011, 7:41 PM EST
A busy night in the NHL had the scene stolen by the Canucks as they acquire David Booth and Steve Reinprecht from Florida in exchange for Marco Sturm and Mikael Samuelsson.
Sep 3, 2011, 4:49 PM EST
Marco Sturm had one heck of a down season last year. This season he hopes to show the Vancouver Canucks he’s still got it.
Aug 20, 2011, 4:04 PM EST
Kevin Bieksa, Alexandre Burrows and Canucks GM Mike Gillis were among almost 1,000 people in attendance for Rick Rypien’s funeral on Saturday.
Aug 18, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Expectations are sky-high in Vancouver. But if the Canucks get off to a slow start, should Vigneault’s job be in jeopardy?
Jul 1, 2011, 11:07 AM EST
With Christian Ehrhoff gone to Buffalo, the Canucks are keeping Sami Salo around a little bit longer on defense.
Jun 28, 2011, 9:04 PM EST
The Canucks and Christian Ehrhoff were having a hard time agreeing on a new deal. Now they’ve sent him to the Islanders to see if they can have any luck signing the potential unrestricted free agent.
Jun 27, 2011, 9:25 PM EST
Re-signing top unrestricted free agent Kevin Bieksa wasn’t the only thing on Canucks’ GM Mike Gillis’ agenda today. He also brought back polarizing pest Maxim Lapierre with a two-year deal worth $2 million.
Jun 27, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
Last summer Kevin Bieksa was the most rumored to be traded player in Vancouver. This summer, he’s signing a five-year deal to stick around.
Jun 23, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
The Canucks took home a nice amount of trophies/awards during the 2011 NHL Awards, but they couldn’t fill the gap left by a squandered Stanley Cup opportunity.
Jun 17, 2011, 8:44 PM EST
Vancouver GM Mike Gillis met with the media and explained just how many injuries the Canucks were dealing with in the playoffs.
Jun 14, 2011, 11:08 PM EST
Canucks general manager Mike Gillis gave the official update on Mason Raymond today and expressed his extreme dislike for how the hit from Johnny Boychuk went down that injured him.
Jun 5, 2011, 8:30 PM EST
If you’re a Boston fan and you haven’t felt outraged in a few hours by the Canucks, don’t worry we’ve got your hate fuel covered.
May 4, 2011, 1:18 AM EST
The Canucks were probably the better team in Game 3, but their overtime win ended up being controversial because of a shaky penalty call on Predators defenseman Shea Weber.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 11
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 49
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 55
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (55)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)