Apr 18, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
In Five Thoughts today, we take a look at the Torres-Seabrook situation, the emergence of Mike Fisher, and the failure of the Blackhawks.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:09 PM EDT
If Mike Fisher keeps this up, he might be more than just Mr. Carrie Underwood in Nashville. He might be the guy who helped the Predators finally reach the second round of the playoffs.
Apr 15, 2011, 3:05 PM EDT
Tonight’s four Game 2′s in the NHL playoffs will dictate whether we’ve got a series on our hands or if some teams will be heading back home desperate to stay in the series.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EDT
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
Apr 14, 2011, 1:38 AM EDT
Mike Fisher scored two goals and one assist while Pekka Rinne stopped all but one shot to power the Predators’ 4-1 over the Ducks.
Apr 11, 2011, 8:15 PM EDT
It might not be getting the attention some of the other series are, but Anaheim and Nashville are set up for a slobbknocker of a series.
Feb 24, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Predators depth at center takes yet another blow as Marcel Goc is done for the year with a shoulder injury.
Feb 16, 2011, 5:26 PM EDT
With the Ottawa Senators in full sell-off and rebuild mode, one of the bigger targets for teams looking for help now says he doesn’t want to leave town.
Feb 10, 2011, 9:38 PM EDT
With Mike Fisher on his way to Nashville for a pair of draft picks, signs are brighter than ever that a major house cleaning is going to happen in Ottawa. But who should go and who should stay? We’ll run down a list of players that might see some action.
Feb 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
This week, Mike Milbury gives his thoughts on the Mike Fisher deal and has major kudos for Barry Trotz while also giving us his opinion on Matt Cooke’s suspension by the NHL.
Feb 10, 2011, 1:10 PM EDT
The Predators attempted to fill a serious need at center by acquiring Mike Fisher from the Senators, sending their 2011 first rounder and a conditional 2012 pick that could be a second or third rounder to Ottawa. Somewhere, Carrie Underwood is smiling.
Jan 23, 2011, 9:45 AM EDT
Could Ottawa be in the market to move struggling forward Mike Fisher? Sure, but who wants a guy dealing with the worst season of his career in the first place?
Jan 16, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
The Capitals pulled into a virtual tie with the Lightning for the Southeast Division lead thanks to a 3-1 win over the Senators today.
Jan 10, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
The Senators can’t buy any luck this season, much like Alex Kovalev, who is expected to miss a week or more with a knee injury.
Jan 5, 2011, 3:28 PM EDT
With the Senators struggling and laying an egg against the Maple Leafs on Saturday, the heat is being turned up on coach Cory Clouston.
Dec 27, 2010, 1:04 PM EDT
What does a struggling team need badly? To lose their top centerman for six weeks with a shoulder injury.
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 5
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 5
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 26
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 42
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 38
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)