Dec 9, 2011, 6:22 PM EST
Tampa Bay and Philly to star in “Stallin’ 2: Electric Boogaloo”
Nov 9, 2011, 4:51 PM EST
The Ducks and Predators kinda hate each other.
Nov 3, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Yes, it’s true, Dan Carcillo used to be an altar boy when he was a kid. Up is down, left is right… and this is PHT’s Morning Skate from Bizarro World.
Nov 2, 2011, 10:10 PM EST
Want a little more reasoning behind “Shana-bans” (and non-suspensions)? Hear them straight from the man himself, with some feedback from PHT.
Oct 31, 2011, 9:35 PM EST
Is Mike Fisher speaking on the behalf of most NHL players by saying that he’s confused about the NHL’s disciplinary policies?
Oct 31, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Throw on your favorite hockey mask and scare the neighborhood kids, it’s Halloween Monday.
Oct 30, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
Two of Saturday’s most contentious hits won’t receive further punishment.
Oct 30, 2011, 12:19 PM EST
Brendan Shanahan’s busy weekend might’ve gotten busier.
Oct 30, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
It should have been good enough for Pekka Rinne to earn his 100th win in his career in a Predators jersey. But he went further and set the franchise’s record for most shutouts on the same night. We take a look at Rinne’s night and much more in our Morning Skate full of links.
Oct 25, 2011, 1:35 PM EST
In a related story, Carrie Underwood might also attend the game.
Oct 25, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Position change time for Zach Parise? Sure, why not. He’s just that good. All that and more in our Morning Skate.
Oct 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
Sooner or later, people are going to start realizing that the Nashville Predators are a perennial playoff team. With strong coaching, defense, and goaltending, they should be in the mix for the playoffs yet again.
Sep 16, 2011, 8:46 PM EST
A slow recovery for Predators’ center Mike Fisher from offseason shoulder surgery could mean he’d miss the opening of the 2011-12 season.
Aug 15, 2011, 5:22 PM EST
It’s good to see that one the NHL’s celebrity couples won the race to have the first super celebrity baby.
May 10, 2011, 7:06 PM EST
While it was the Predators deepest run into the playoffs, it still came up short of the Stanley Cup. Just what went wrong for Nashville? The reasons are apparent.
May 9, 2011, 10:54 AM EST
The Hockey Central crew takes a look ahead to tonight’s Game 6 between Vancouver and Nashville.
Apr 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Every good drama needs a heel and the Canucks are playing that role to the hilt. Also: Rinne and Luongo look for real, Barry Trotz’s slow burn, Winnipeg madness, and making clean hits the new dirty. Thanks NHL!
Apr 29, 2011, 3:04 AM EST
While it looked like a 1-0 loss on the scoreboard for the Predators, it might as well have been 100-0 for coach Barry Trotz as he sounded off after his team’s loss in Game 1 to Vancouver.
Apr 28, 2011, 7:24 PM EST
With Vancouver and Nashville kicking off the second round tonight, we make our own predictions on what we think happens in the Western Conference second round.
Apr 27, 2011, 2:02 PM EST
With the second round of the playoffs coming up at the end of the week, we take a preemptive look ahead at the Western Conference semifinals between Vancouver and Nashville.
Apr 18, 2011, 12:04 PM EST
In Five Thoughts today, we take a look at the Torres-Seabrook situation, the emergence of Mike Fisher, and the failure of the Blackhawks.
Apr 17, 2011, 9:09 PM EST
If Mike Fisher keeps this up, he might be more than just Mr. Carrie Underwood in Nashville. He might be the guy who helped the Predators finally reach the second round of the playoffs.
Apr 15, 2011, 3:05 PM EST
Tonight’s four Game 2’s in the NHL playoffs will dictate whether we’ve got a series on our hands or if some teams will be heading back home desperate to stay in the series.
Apr 14, 2011, 2:23 PM EST
Five quick thoughts on what went down in last night’s opening games of the NHL Playoffs highlighting Detroit and Pittsburgh’s killer cool, Vancouver’s need to stay sharp, and the Caps looking different than last year.
Apr 14, 2011, 1:38 AM EST
Mike Fisher scored two goals and one assist while Pekka Rinne stopped all but one shot to power the Predators’ 4-1 over the Ducks.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)