Feb 26, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
Earlier we provided an update regarding players who were claimed on waivers. Now let’s take a look at which ones weren’t claimed as well as the next round of players who were placed on waivers.
Feb 25, 2011, 1:19 PM EST
Tons of action going on with the waiver wire leading up to the trade deadline. We’ve got the guys who are on and off it today.
Jan 15, 2011, 3:16 PM EST
The Blue Jackets are doing their part to try to help Mike Commodore out of town by putting him on re-entry waivers. NHL defenseman now half-priced!
Jan 9, 2011, 6:24 PM EST
While Mike Commodore awaits being moved out of Columbus via trade or waivers, he’ll get to spend his time in Springfield in the AHL now.
Jan 6, 2011, 3:51 PM EST
Not long after Mike Commodore requested a trade, the Blue Jackets decided to waive him.
Jan 5, 2011, 12:22 PM EST
If you’ve been wondering what’s up with Mike Commodore’s playing time, so has he and that’s why he reportedly wants out of Columbus.
Oct 23, 2010, 3:58 PM EST
For Philadelphia Flyers fans, rugged winger Scott Hartnell’s hair is a source of much joy and entertainment. The team even had a Hartnell inspired wig giveaway as one of its promotions. For the remaining hockey fans, Hartnell’s ‘do ranges from over the top to flat-out obnoxious. One thing that Flyers fans and rivals should approve…
Oct 19, 2010, 5:17 PM EST
Sadly, the NHL will see far less red afros for the time being.* That’s because the Columbus Blue Jackets put defenseman and occasional afro enthusiast Mike Commodore on the injured reserve today. He apparently went down with an “upper body injury” during the Blue Jackets’ October 9 game in Stockholm, Sweden. He’s one of the…
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)