Jan 8, 2013, 2:02 PM EST
He’ll be a longshot to make the team, however.
Aug 4, 2012, 10:01 AM EST
Did they get Steven Stamkos the help to get back in the postseason?
Feb 28, 2012, 3:05 PM EST
Tampa Bay could be minus eight regulars against Montreal.
Feb 28, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
Zack Kassian will wear Cody Hodgson’s old No. 9 in Vancouver.
Feb 28, 2012, 11:48 AM EST
Two minor league defensemen will suit up tonight against Columbus.
Feb 27, 2012, 7:01 PM EST
Rick Nash stays in Columbus, gets chucked under bus.
Feb 27, 2012, 1:00 PM EST
Without Mattias Ohlund, the Lightning could use some size on the blue line.
Feb 27, 2012, 10:45 AM EST
Full list of trades made prior to and at the deadline.
Jan 23, 2012, 6:42 PM EST
Jan 23, 2012, 2:17 PM EST
The Wild might be willing to trade him.
Jan 6, 2012, 12:27 PM EST
As evidenced by his 10-24-5 record.
Dec 23, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Playing hurt might be dumb, but it sure earns respect of your peers. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 6, 2011, 4:06 PM EST
Another strange chapter is written.
Dec 1, 2011, 5:19 PM EST
Permanent residency and Movember don’t mix.
Nov 13, 2011, 5:48 PM EST
Mike Commodore to play Tuesday.
Oct 8, 2011, 12:38 PM EST
Mike Commodore is on IR with a wonky knee so Brendan Smith gets called up from the AHL with time to serve for his head shot on Ben Smith.
Sep 13, 2011, 10:11 AM EST
Jonathan Ericsson may have been a starter for Detroit last season, but he wasn’t lighting the world on fire with his play. The Red Wings will need him to live up to the hype and fast.
Sep 2, 2011, 3:08 PM EST
The Red Wings are hoping to get negotiations started with Niklas Kronwall soon, which is a good idea because Detroit’s defense could be in a state of flux next summer if Nicklas Lidstorm retires.
Jul 27, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
Sorry video game fans: Mike Commodore won’t wear No. 64 during the 2011-12 season.
Jul 14, 2011, 6:13 PM EST
Who knows if the Mike Commodore 64 situation will come to fruition, but the people at Commodore USA would be ‘ecstatic’ if it did.
Jul 8, 2011, 3:13 PM EST
In serious Red Wings news, the team announced two new assistant coaches: Jeff Blashill and Bill Peters. In not-so serious news, the pressure mounts for Mike Commodore to satisfy nostalgic video games by donning No. 64 in Detroit.
Jul 2, 2011, 5:03 PM EST
The Red Wings hope to replace some of Brian Rafalski’s production by committee. Signing former Sharks defenseman Ian White could help them do that.
Jul 1, 2011, 8:12 PM EST
We’ve got all the signings and links you can handle for Friday’s free agency party. Anything that happens today you’ll find it all here.
Jun 30, 2011, 3:02 PM EST
The Predators bought out the final season of forward J.P. Dumont’s contract after an abysmal 19-point season, giving the free agent market a slight boost in the process.
Jun 30, 2011, 12:46 PM EST
Three big defenseman were put on waivers today to be bought out of their current deals when they clear. Is this the slight lift the free agent market needs to be more interesting?
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 21
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 54
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 40
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)