Sep 29, 2011, 1:24 AM EDT
Both Mike Babcock and Joel Quenneville saw Brendan Smith’s hit on Ben Smith. It was only one play, yet the two coaches have two different perspectives on what went down at the United Center.
Sep 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Talk about signing with the right team. After signing with the Detroit Red Wings as a free agent in the offseason, Ian White will be paired with Nicklas Lidstrom on the blueline.
Aug 7, 2011, 12:15 AM EDT
Tomas Holmstrom isn’t going to be a menace in front of opposing nets for the Red Wings forever. Could Dan Cleary be the heir to Holmstrom’s home in front of the goalie?
Jul 8, 2011, 11:23 AM EDT
Western Michigan coach Jeff Blashill left his post today to become an assistant coach for Mike Babcock (pictured) and the Red Wings.
Jun 24, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Two executives move on from bad luck with the Atlanta Thrashers: former GM Rick Dudley will be one of Brian Burke’s assistant GMs in Toronto while former head coach Craig Ramsay seemingly had an interview to be an assistant coach for Mike Babcock in Detroit.
Jun 14, 2011, 12:23 PM EDT
It’s official: Red Wings assistant coach Paul MacLean will be the Ottawa Senators’ next head coach. Click “Read More” for some background on MacLean and what he’s going up against in Ottawa.
Jun 13, 2011, 1:41 PM EDT
The Senators are expected to announce Red Wings assistant Paul MacLean as their new head coach tomorrow, according to TSN’s Bob McKenzie.
May 13, 2011, 3:56 PM EDT
The Red Wings played about as good a seventh game and a series as you’re going to see but they still came up short. What went wrong? There’s not a lot to find.
May 12, 2011, 11:17 AM EDT
The Red Wings hold a significant experience advantage over the Sharks when it comes to handling the pressure of Game 7s.
May 11, 2011, 10:44 PM EDT
Ryane Clowe will be a game-time decision for the Sharks while the Red Wings haven’t ruled out Johan Franzen for Game 7.
May 11, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Things just got a lot more interesting in the Western Conference and if you’re the San Jose Sharks this is not at all what you wanted to have happen.
May 9, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
If Johan Franzen’s bum ankle gives him too much trouble, it’ll be Mike Modano that gets to take his spot in the lineup.
May 9, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
A day after the Wings’ big win in Game 5, we’re left marveling at Pavel Datsyuk. We’re also awfully curious about Jeremy Roenick’s take on Patrick Marleau too.
May 6, 2011, 4:03 PM EDT
Maybe Mike Modano should have retired last year, but he can hang up his skates knowing that he didn’t retire with gas left in the tank.
May 4, 2011, 3:43 PM EDT
Mike Babcock announced some changes he’ll make for Game 3 … and predicted Todd McLellan’s counter-moves as well.
May 3, 2011, 4:13 PM EDT
The Red Wings are looking for a bit more offense and coach Mike Babcock might be splitting up his dynamic duo to make it happen.
Apr 15, 2011, 4:26 PM EDT
Is the NHL looking to kill a tradition in Detroit or just trying to rein things in when it comes to flying cephalopods? You make the call!
Apr 13, 2011, 12:19 PM EDT
Mike Modano probably didn’t expect what might be his last run at a Stanley Cup in the playoffs to start in the press box, but that’s where he’ll be tonight against Phoenix.
Apr 6, 2011, 11:51 PM EDT
Reports indicate that Henrik Zetterberg won’t play in Detroit’s home-and-home series against Chicago. It’s still unclear how serious the injury is, though.
Mar 18, 2011, 12:35 AM EDT
Here are recaps of some of Thursday’s big slate of games, including some Western Conference shuffling, Northeast Division contests and an obscure (but impressive) milestone for Mike Babcock.
Feb 12, 2011, 8:06 PM EDT
The Red Wings have had their share of injuries this season, much like everyone else, but with the team getting back to health, should teams out West be worried about the sleeping giants?
Oct 14, 2010, 12:21 PM EDT
Mike Modano makes his less-than triumphant return to Dallas and he’s not expecting a warm welcome.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)