Aug 10, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
“Whether its Ottawa or Binghamton, we’re not sending him back,” said assistant GM Tim Murray.
Aug 4, 2012, 4:45 PM EST
Some of the best young talent in the world will be on display.
Feb 28, 2012, 2:38 PM EST
Zack Kassian will wear Cody Hodgson’s old No. 9 in Vancouver.
Jan 6, 2012, 12:25 AM EST
Mika Zibanejad scores a highlight reel overtime game-winner.
Oct 28, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Ray Emery’s new goalie mask is a true beauty. No Mike Tyson this time around. All that and more in our Morning Skate full of links.
Oct 26, 2011, 3:49 PM EST
The Panthers hang onto their prized defenseman while the Sens big farewell to their 18-year-old Swede.
Oct 25, 2011, 1:04 PM EST
Which rookies should be staying in the NHL or going back to juniors? We’ve got our ideas.
Oct 18, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
PHT’s Morning Skate takes you around the league where you’ll see that Patrick Kane seems to be doing just fine as a center and much more.
Oct 4, 2011, 6:42 PM EST
Remember how smart guys were talking about how the 2011 draft class didn’t have much in the way of immediately-ready NHL talent? Yeah, about that… Eight draftees will start the year on NHL rosters.
Oct 1, 2011, 10:36 PM EST
The Ottawa Senators may not be very good this year, but they will have their future stars getting a fresh look at least early in the season.
Sep 28, 2011, 1:03 AM EST
Mika Zibanejad is making a serious case to join the Ottawa Senators right out of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft, but if the team is as bad as expected, it might be a waste of a bargain entry-level year.
Sep 19, 2011, 11:24 AM EST
Four games – including a double feature between the Panthers and Predators – mark the beginning of the NHL’s 2011-12 preseason today.
Sep 10, 2011, 2:00 PM EST
Five Senators prospects have a chance to make a dent on Ottawa’s roster, beginning with a rookie tournament that starts this weekend.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
The Ottawa Senators locked-up 6th overall pick Mika Zibanejad to a three-year entry-level deal. The next question: will he make the team next season?
Jun 29, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Gabriel Landeskog of the Colorado Avalanche, Adam Larsson of the New Jersey Devils, and Mika Zibanejad of the Ottawa Senators all have a great job to contribute to their NHL teams this season as 18-year-olds.
Apr 12, 2011, 9:06 PM EST
After New Jersey shockingly won the NHL Draft lottery tonight, they’ll be in the position of getting to choose one of five top prospects. It can be a gamble, but who’s shaping up to be the top pick this year? Let the speculation begin.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 30
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 52
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 61
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ (62)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)