Jul 16, 2012, 9:48 PM EDT
So many questions, but plenty of potential.
Jul 16, 2012, 6:32 PM EDT
Can he justify his hefty new deal?
Jul 16, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
He was a 38-year-old rookie head coach in his first go-round…what will his second stint bring?
Jul 16, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
The summer was highlighted by a front office and coaching overhaul.
Jul 16, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
The first in our series looking at 30 teams in 30 days.
Jul 9, 2012, 8:43 AM EDT
It would have to take an act of God to keep a Habs legend from returning.
Jul 1, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
The flurry of action continues…
Jul 1, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Jun 29, 2012, 6:26 PM EDT
J.J. stands for Jean-Jacques, by the way.
Jun 16, 2012, 12:50 PM EDT
The two have a long history together dating back to juniors hockey.
Jun 16, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
What happens there, stays there… Right? That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jun 6, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Offering $50K to find someone who killed a child is impressive. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Jun 5, 2012, 12:44 PM EDT
Perhaps now his attention will turn to Edmonton’s coaching vacancy.
Dec 22, 2011, 9:49 AM EDT
This situation is about to get a lot more awkward.
Dec 17, 2011, 10:14 AM EDT
Martin is the sixth head coach fired this season. That’s one-fifth of the league changing coaches mid-season.
Nov 7, 2011, 8:25 AM EDT
Now that Columbus won’t be able to hire Ken Hitchcock if they let go of Scott Arniel, who’s on their coaching short list? Don’t worry, we came up with our own.
Jul 19, 2011, 5:02 PM EDT
The Devils summer-long search for a head coach brought them a guy not long removed from his job with the Panthers in Peter DeBoer.
Jul 14, 2011, 9:05 PM EDT
Lou Lamoriello and the New Jersey Devils are still looking for a head coach. But one thing’s for sure, it won’t be Jacques Lemaire.
Jun 1, 2011, 3:35 AM EDT
After the Florida Panthers found their man in Kevin Dineen, four teams are still looking for their new boss. Here are some of the candidates that the Dallas Stars, Minnesota Wild, New Jersey Devils, and Ottawa Senators are considering.
May 20, 2011, 8:57 PM EDT
Are you ready for the trap to come back in Minnesota? It could happen as Ken Hitchcock is on the Wild’s short list to be the new head coach.
May 6, 2011, 12:08 PM EDT
The Minnesota Wild are reportedly considering Craig MacTavish as their possible next head coach.
Apr 11, 2011, 12:02 PM EDT
Minnesota has relieved coach Todd Richards of his duties but much like a pair of other coaches let go already this year, you can’t really blame him for not being a miracle worker.
Apr 10, 2011, 7:27 PM EDT
Devils coach Jacques Lemaire says he won’t return to coaching again next season. After being pulled out of retirement to help turn the team around this year, retirement seems to be for real this time.
Mar 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
With NHL teams focusing on scooping up AHL coaching talent, there are plenty of quality former bench bosses looking for a job. Which “free agent” coaches might be the most deserving? Read this post to find out.
Nov 8, 2010, 5:15 PM EDT
With various teams generating rumors about coaches getting fired, which out-of-work bench bosses might be ready to step into the league? Click “Read more” to find out.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 0
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 38
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)