Jan 17, 2012, 1:56 PM EST
He’s 7-2 in his last nine with a 1.97 GAA.
Dec 28, 2011, 7:32 AM EST
Things couldn’t possibly be any different between these two teams.
Dec 26, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
Michal Neuvirth pulled after 11 ugly minutes.
Dec 26, 2011, 2:49 PM EST
“I don’t know what I did wrong to be in this spot.”
Dec 26, 2011, 9:47 AM EST
This could’ve been a post-Christmas treat if all things broke well.
Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EST
Enjoy Peter DeBoer’s Old West reference and our added snark.
Dec 22, 2011, 9:31 PM EST
Tomas Vokoun and Michal Neuvirth haven’t taken a stranglehold on the top job.
Dec 21, 2011, 7:10 AM EST
Either the Panthers coach is making up words or he was really in the Hanukkah spirit. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EST
The big three scored in the same game for the first time this season.
Dec 13, 2011, 10:04 PM EST
Tomas Vokoun’s tough night shines a light on yet another problem in Washington.
Dec 5, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
Misses a chance to beat his former club.
Dec 5, 2011, 10:20 AM EST
Tomas Vokoun owns his part in getting Bruce Boudreau fired too.
Nov 25, 2011, 7:27 PM EST
Less games. Less shots. More difficult?
Nov 21, 2011, 8:56 AM EST
Meanwhile in other dramatic games, the Capitals could sure use a win in a big way over Phoenix tonight.
Nov 19, 2011, 10:25 PM EST
An ugly loss to Toronto has many wondering if heads are going to roll in DC.
Nov 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EST
It’s becoming almost ritual to write this sort of column, but are the Caps problems ones they should be concerned about for the long run?
Nov 9, 2011, 2:02 PM EST
Mike Green drives a white Saab?
Nov 1, 2011, 7:30 AM EST
The Caps closed out their western Canada swing losing their last two games. Now they’re back home looking to get it all figured out against a less-than happy Ducks team.
Oct 25, 2011, 2:15 PM EST
Today was Bring Your Dog to Work day at the Kettler Iceplex. (Insert canine-related pun here.)
Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EST
Caps goalie suffers injury setback at practice, Tomas Vokoun likely to start tomorrow.
Oct 15, 2011, 10:07 AM EST
The Capitals decision to call up Dany Sabourin probably means that Michal Neuvirth isn’t ready to backup Tomas Vokoun.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:18 PM EST
With Michal Neuvirth injured, the Capitals re-called Braden Holtby. One would assume that Holtby will back up Tomas Vokoun, but you never know with Bruce Boudreau …
Oct 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Bruce Boudreau has been making some surprising decisions and comments lately, but it seems like he’s been at least partially right with all of them. Where do you stand on the Capitals coach, though? Is he heading in the right direction or hurtling toward unemployment?
Oct 10, 2011, 11:52 PM EST
Tomas Vokoun didn’t sugarcoat his lousy debut with the Capitals, saying that his teammates “literally won tonight without goaltending.”
Oct 10, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Bruce Boudreau is trying to win a Stanley Cup in Washington without much drama. His choice to start Michal Neuvirth over Tomas Vokoun opening night threw a wrench in that plan.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)