Dec 28, 2011, 7:32 AM EDT
Things couldn’t possibly be any different between these two teams.
Dec 26, 2011, 8:05 PM EDT
Michal Neuvirth pulled after 11 ugly minutes.
Dec 26, 2011, 2:49 PM EDT
“I don’t know what I did wrong to be in this spot.”
Dec 26, 2011, 9:47 AM EDT
This could’ve been a post-Christmas treat if all things broke well.
Dec 23, 2011, 11:17 PM EDT
Enjoy Peter DeBoer’s Old West reference and our added snark.
Dec 22, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun and Michal Neuvirth haven’t taken a stranglehold on the top job.
Dec 21, 2011, 7:10 AM EDT
Either the Panthers coach is making up words or he was really in the Hanukkah spirit. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Dec 20, 2011, 10:38 PM EDT
The big three scored in the same game for the first time this season.
Dec 13, 2011, 10:04 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun’s tough night shines a light on yet another problem in Washington.
Dec 5, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
Misses a chance to beat his former club.
Dec 5, 2011, 10:20 AM EDT
Tomas Vokoun owns his part in getting Bruce Boudreau fired too.
Nov 25, 2011, 7:27 PM EDT
Less games. Less shots. More difficult?
Nov 21, 2011, 8:56 AM EDT
Meanwhile in other dramatic games, the Capitals could sure use a win in a big way over Phoenix tonight.
Nov 19, 2011, 10:25 PM EDT
An ugly loss to Toronto has many wondering if heads are going to roll in DC.
Nov 18, 2011, 11:35 AM EDT
It’s becoming almost ritual to write this sort of column, but are the Caps problems ones they should be concerned about for the long run?
Nov 9, 2011, 2:02 PM EDT
Mike Green drives a white Saab?
Nov 1, 2011, 7:30 AM EDT
The Caps closed out their western Canada swing losing their last two games. Now they’re back home looking to get it all figured out against a less-than happy Ducks team.
Oct 25, 2011, 2:15 PM EDT
Today was Bring Your Dog to Work day at the Kettler Iceplex. (Insert canine-related pun here.)
Oct 17, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT
Caps goalie suffers injury setback at practice, Tomas Vokoun likely to start tomorrow.
Oct 15, 2011, 10:07 AM EDT
The Capitals decision to call up Dany Sabourin probably means that Michal Neuvirth isn’t ready to backup Tomas Vokoun.
Oct 13, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
With Michal Neuvirth injured, the Capitals re-called Braden Holtby. One would assume that Holtby will back up Tomas Vokoun, but you never know with Bruce Boudreau …
Oct 13, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau has been making some surprising decisions and comments lately, but it seems like he’s been at least partially right with all of them. Where do you stand on the Capitals coach, though? Is he heading in the right direction or hurtling toward unemployment?
Oct 10, 2011, 11:52 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun didn’t sugarcoat his lousy debut with the Capitals, saying that his teammates “literally won tonight without goaltending.”
Oct 10, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is trying to win a Stanley Cup in Washington without much drama. His choice to start Michal Neuvirth over Tomas Vokoun opening night threw a wrench in that plan.
Oct 9, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Tomas Vokoun will make his Capitals regular season debut on Monday. Can people calm down about a goalie controversy yet?
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 3
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 23
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)