Apr 5, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
The Flyers placed Michael Leighton on re-entry waivers today, giving other NHL teams the chance to acquire him for half the price of his contract. This post breaks down the move from the Flyers and other teams’ perspectives.
Jan 29, 2011, 11:29 PM EDT
Members of the Chicago FBI are willing to help find the Blackhawks’ missing Stanley Cup winning puck. Click “Read More” for the odd story.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
This year’s Philadelphia Flyers look an awful lot like last season’s Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. Read this post to see why.
Jan 4, 2011, 1:58 PM EDT
Many expected the Islanders to make a claim for Michael Leighton. Instead, the big goalie will report to the Flyers’ AHL affiliate this week because he cleared waivers today.
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EDT
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Jan 3, 2011, 12:35 PM EDT
How do you thank a goalie for taking you to the Stanley Cup finals just last season? You waive him, of course.
Dec 30, 2010, 6:31 PM EDT
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games, including the return of Flyers goalie Michael Leighton.
Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 PM EDT
The Flyers are in the unenviable position of literally not being able to afford injuries to anyone on their current roster.
NHL approves Flyers’ request to extend Michael Leighton’s rehab stint; team plans on going with three goalies soon
Dec 6, 2010, 7:52 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers will be able to avoid having three goalies at the NHL level for one more week, as the NHL approved the team’s request to extend Michael Leighton’s rehab stint. The fact of the matter is that the team is expected to roll with Leighton, Brian Boucher and Sergei Bobrovsky in net going forward, though.
Nov 30, 2010, 4:34 PM EDT
Roster choices await the Flyers now with Michael Leighton on his way back after back surgery.
Nov 17, 2010, 1:19 PM EDT
It’s a nice problem to have if you’re the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve got a goalie right now that’s ascended to stardom by taking the starting job for himself in Sergei Bobrovsky. Bobrovsky got the opportunity to take the starting job when assumed starting goalie Michael Leighton missed the start of the season thanks to back…
Oct 30, 2010, 10:50 PM EDT
One time Flyers starting goalie Michael Leighton is back on the ice rehabbing his injured back. But will he have a job when he returns to the Flyers lineup?
Oct 19, 2010, 2:20 PM EDT
Matt Walker is known to many as “the guy who went to the Philadelphia Flyers in the Simon Gagne trade.” He won’t get an opportunity to prove that he’s much more than that anytime soon, as hip surgery will reportedly keep the big defenseman out 10-12 weeks. Walker will undergo surgery to repair a torn…
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 36
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)