Apr 5, 2011, 1:36 PM EST
The Flyers placed Michael Leighton on re-entry waivers today, giving other NHL teams the chance to acquire him for half the price of his contract. This post breaks down the move from the Flyers and other teams’ perspectives.
Jan 29, 2011, 11:29 PM EST
Members of the Chicago FBI are willing to help find the Blackhawks’ missing Stanley Cup winning puck. Click “Read More” for the odd story.
Jan 23, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
This year’s Philadelphia Flyers look an awful lot like last season’s Stanley Cup winning Chicago Blackhawks. Read this post to see why.
Jan 4, 2011, 1:58 PM EST
Many expected the Islanders to make a claim for Michael Leighton. Instead, the big goalie will report to the Flyers’ AHL affiliate this week because he cleared waivers today.
Rick DiPietro injured again just two days after Isles trade Dwayne Roloson; time to claim Michael Leighton?
Jan 3, 2011, 10:45 PM EST
Just two days after the Islanders traded away Dwayne Roloson, oft-injured goalie Rick DiPietro is injured once again. Does that mean that Michael Leighton might be on his way to Long Island?
Jan 3, 2011, 12:35 PM EST
How do you thank a goalie for taking you to the Stanley Cup finals just last season? You waive him, of course.
Dec 30, 2010, 6:31 PM EST
Here are the probable starting goalies for tonight’s six games, including the return of Flyers goalie Michael Leighton.
Dec 13, 2010, 8:45 PM EST
The Flyers are in the unenviable position of literally not being able to afford injuries to anyone on their current roster.
NHL approves Flyers’ request to extend Michael Leighton’s rehab stint; team plans on going with three goalies soon
Dec 6, 2010, 7:52 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers will be able to avoid having three goalies at the NHL level for one more week, as the NHL approved the team’s request to extend Michael Leighton’s rehab stint. The fact of the matter is that the team is expected to roll with Leighton, Brian Boucher and Sergei Bobrovsky in net going forward, though.
Nov 30, 2010, 4:34 PM EST
Roster choices await the Flyers now with Michael Leighton on his way back after back surgery.
Nov 17, 2010, 1:19 PM EST
It’s a nice problem to have if you’re the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve got a goalie right now that’s ascended to stardom by taking the starting job for himself in Sergei Bobrovsky. Bobrovsky got the opportunity to take the starting job when assumed starting goalie Michael Leighton missed the start of the season thanks to back…
Oct 30, 2010, 10:50 PM EST
One time Flyers starting goalie Michael Leighton is back on the ice rehabbing his injured back. But will he have a job when he returns to the Flyers lineup?
Oct 19, 2010, 2:20 PM EST
Matt Walker is known to many as “the guy who went to the Philadelphia Flyers in the Simon Gagne trade.” He won’t get an opportunity to prove that he’s much more than that anytime soon, as hip surgery will reportedly keep the big defenseman out 10-12 weeks. Walker will undergo surgery to repair a torn…
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 12
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 22
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 15
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 72
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 20
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Video: Penguins hold on to beat Capitals for first time this season 28
- Video: Fight erupts between Penguins and Capitals inside Pittsburgh’s bench 40
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (74)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)