Video: Thrashers owner Michael Gearon breaks down crying talking about team’s sale and move to Winnipeg
May 31, 2011, 6:19 PM EDT
Soon-to-be former Thrashers owner Michael Gearon spoke to the media about the sale and eventual relocation of the team to Winnipeg and broke into tears. Sincere? You be the judge.
May 31, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Thrashers owners tell fans they’re sorry it didn’t work out in Atlanta. Forgive us if we’re not buying what he’s selling to the fans.
Feb 17, 2011, 6:11 PM EDT
Thrashers owner Michael Gearon putting out the signal that he’s looking to sell has drawn one interested party out of the woodwork from Hollywood. Luckily, he’s also an Atlanta native.
Feb 16, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Atlanta Thrashers owner Michael Gearon says that if support doesn’t pick up in Atlanta from ticket buyers and local supporters, the team could be sold and moved in the near future. Scare tactic or legitimate concern?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 49
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)