Mar 5, 2014, 12:22 AM EST
Islanders win it in overtime.
Jan 25, 2014, 4:23 PM EST
A hard game made tougher through controversy.
Jan 22, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
He’d been sidelined by fractured ribs.
Jan 4, 2014, 9:14 PM EST
Could be bad timing with Canadian Olympic announcements looming.
Dec 31, 2013, 1:07 PM EST
Live from Comerica Park.
Nov 27, 2013, 12:39 AM EST
Matt Martin calls them “futuristic.”
Nov 20, 2013, 9:38 PM EST
New York sits 28th in the NHL in goals allowed per game.
Sep 30, 2013, 3:25 PM EST
Young d-man can still be returned to junior.
Sep 1, 2013, 10:04 PM EST
Or, at least, the guys most willing to block shots.
Aug 26, 2013, 2:13 PM EST
The youth are leading the way.
May 3, 2013, 10:08 PM EST
They just fought back.
Apr 18, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
It’s not just John Tavares that has New York on the verge of the playoffs.
Apr 7, 2013, 1:29 PM EST
They currently sit eighth in the Eastern Conference.
Apr 2, 2013, 1:03 AM EST
Begin discussion about banning fighting.
Feb 23, 2013, 10:34 PM EST
Things keep getting uglier for Buffalo.
Dec 24, 2012, 2:08 PM EST
Probably a smart move on his part.
Dec 17, 2012, 1:59 PM EST
A bunch of Leafs will be there as well.
Sep 15, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
Matt Martin’s contract totals $4 million.
Jan 15, 2012, 7:00 AM EST
Welcome to PHT’s Morning Skate: where Darryl Sutter wins in his return to Calgary, Evgeni Nabokov gets his 300th win, and Matt Martin and Joe Finley drop the gloves.
Dec 29, 2011, 6:45 PM EST
Plus four other notable numbers.
Nov 7, 2011, 9:04 PM EST
It wasn’t the tide-turner that Matt Martin hoped it would be, but check out his fight with Adam McQuaid anyway.
Apr 8, 2011, 6:01 PM EST
When the Isles and Penguins last met on Long Island, it turned into a fight-filled and dirty game with 346 penalty minutes and a 9-3 Islanders win. Don’t expect any of the same fireworks tonight.
Feb 28, 2011, 7:00 AM EST
Who scored the best goal for the week of February 21-27? The contestants are: Josh Bailey, Pierre-Marc Bouchard, Bobby Butler, Matt Martin, Niklas Hagman, Nick Foligno and Phil Kessel.
Feb 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip…
Feb 13, 2011, 10:30 PM EST
Mario Lemieux’s words about the disgusting brawl Friday night between the Penguins and Islanders have got some fans up in arms all over again. Mario’s good point may just have been drowned out by his seeming ignorance for what goes on with his team.
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 9
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 23
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 8
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 34
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)