Jan 9, 2013, 1:56 PM EDT
Also: No playoffs
Mar 7, 2012, 8:24 AM EDT
Toronto comes into a special Mario Lemieux-dedicating night hurting.
Jan 19, 2012, 10:22 AM EDT
Three points back of a playoff spot, Toronto shakes things up.
Dec 31, 2011, 5:21 PM EDT
Kadri’s been good lately, but can he bring it even harder with more opportunity?
Nov 22, 2011, 9:52 AM EDT
The Leafs injury problems were made a bit worse when they found Matt Lombardi’s shoulder injury might need surgery.
Nov 22, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
99 luftballons it’s not, but a red balloon helped hypnotize fans during the Caps win last night. All that and more in our Morning Skate.
Nov 18, 2011, 10:39 AM EDT
Could any more Toronto Maple Leafs get injured? Wait, don’t answer that.
Nov 16, 2011, 9:59 AM EDT
Some team made the Leafs an offer for Cody Franson that we’re surprised Brian Burke didn’t accept immediately.
Oct 17, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
They haven’t been in the playoffs since 2004, but could this Maple Leafs team get to the postseason?
Oct 6, 2011, 6:33 PM EDT
The NHL season is beginning tonight and with three games set to kick things off, we’ve got five storylines that worth paying attention to tonight.
Oct 4, 2011, 7:15 PM EDT
After being a fan favorite in Washington, and not for injuring Sidney Crosby, David Steckel is on the move again this time from New Jersey to Toronto where there’s more than a few centers ready to play there.
Sep 13, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Could Matt Lombardi help turn an already lopsided trade into a blunder for the ages in favor of the Maple Leafs? Brian Burke is giddy at the thought of it.
Aug 20, 2011, 11:37 PM EDT
Leafs soon-to-be retired president Richard Peddie says the team will make the playoffs this year. Oh, and he’s got a deal where he can earn a Stanley Cup ring after retirement… With a catch.
Aug 12, 2011, 11:44 PM EDT
With Tim Connolly and perhaps Matt Lombardi as well, the Maple Leafs center position has a lot of potential to boost their offense and help them challenge for a playoff spot. Can they hold together?
Aug 10, 2011, 12:06 PM EDT
Brett Lebda’s days in Nashville are officially over before they began as the Predators have bought out the defenseman.
Jul 3, 2011, 5:18 PM EDT
The Predators moved on quickly after dealing off Cody Franson and Matt Lombardi while acquiring disappointing defenseman Brett Lebda. Signing possible spark plug forward Niclas Bergfors should do the trick.
Feb 24, 2011, 9:15 PM EDT
The Predators depth at center takes yet another blow as Marcel Goc is done for the year with a shoulder injury.
Jan 13, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
The St. Louis Blues hunt for Kyle Wellwood isn’t going quite as smoothly as they were hoping.
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year 0
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 22
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 48
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)