Nov 27, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
Brett Hull already has a statue, but it sounds like he wants a piece of the team he once starred for.
Aug 24, 2011, 1:05 PM EST
Optimism for the Phoenix Coyotes’ sale is starting to grow, with some City of Glendale officials even predicting a possible sale by the end of 2011.
Aug 22, 2011, 12:27 PM EST
Today marks the deadline for prospective new owners to submit their bids to buy the St. Louis Blues.
Jul 23, 2011, 8:35 PM EST
There hasn’t been a lot of good news for the Phoenix Coyotes the past few years, but ticket sales increases give them a little hope. Read about the rather promising boost in sales and renewals in this post.
May 10, 2011, 3:15 PM EST
The City of Glendale will vote on whether or not they’ll pay $25 million to keep the Coyotes in Phoenix for at least one more season. This decision will affect the future of the Thrashers and city of Winnipeg as well.
May 6, 2011, 5:20 PM EST
A Forbes report indicates that potential owner Matt Hulsizer is growing tired of the Coyotes sale conundrum. He might instead turn his sights on the Blues, another team up for sale.
May 3, 2011, 3:37 PM EST
If nothing else, the City of Glendale is good about paying their bills to the NHL. They promised to pay the league $25 million for losses incurred this season and they took care of business.
Apr 27, 2011, 8:05 PM EST
The Coyotes’ ownership situation is still in the air, but at least one person thinks the team will stay in Arizona: Winnipeg mayor Sam Katz. Katz believes the hockey-hungry city should target a different NHL team … could that team be the Thrashers?
Apr 14, 2011, 4:11 PM EST
The NHL might deny rumors that the Coyotes are already on their way to Winnipeg, but the countdown to a final decision seems to be approaching.
Despite pleas from NHL and Matt Hulsizer, Goldwater Institute remains defiant regarding Coyotes sale
Mar 22, 2011, 12:33 AM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s $75 million pledge to limit the City of Glendale’s risks involving keeping the Coyotes in Phoenix was a big concession, but it wasn’t enough to change the Goldwater Institute’s stance.
Mar 5, 2011, 9:05 PM EST
In what is almost like a counter-suit, reports indicate that the City of Glendale might sue the Goldwater Institute for “hundreds of millions of dollars” worth of damages. Yes, the Phoenix Coyotes sale is still a big mess.
Mar 2, 2011, 2:47 PM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes sale hit another big bump in the road, as a potential lawsuit and rising interest rates throw another curve ball at the league and possible new owner Matt Hulsizer.
Feb 26, 2011, 12:16 AM EST
The Phoenix Coyotes sale continues to hit speed bumps for a second straight season, which only complicates things for other franchises who might need to move, like the Atlanta Thrashers.
City of Glendale approves Coyotes’ new lease deal 5-2; light at the end of the tunnel approaches rapidly
Dec 15, 2010, 2:25 AM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s quest to purchase the Phoenix Coyotes seems like it’s almost finished, as the City of Glendale approved the team’s new lease deal.
Dec 11, 2010, 1:17 PM EST
More details on the developing Phoenix Coyotes sale: the City of Glendale might put up $197 million over about five years to potential buyer Matt Hulsizer.
Matt Hulsizer’s purchase of Phoenix Coyotes nears completion as Glendale will vote on new lease Tuesday
Dec 10, 2010, 9:08 PM EST
Matt Hulsizer’s chances of purchasing the Phoenix Coyotes grew even stronger as the Glendale City Council will vote on whether or not to approve a new arena lease for the team on Tuesday.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 38
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 25
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 43
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 22
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 84
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)