Aug 2, 2013, 10:44 AM EDT
He calls it a “shock to everyone.”
Jun 27, 2013, 4:24 PM EDT
He’s not upset about missing out on being coach though…
Jun 15, 2013, 2:53 PM EDT
He reportedly passed on the Stars job.
Aug 3, 2012, 10:28 AM EDT
As if they didn’t have reason enough to dislike him there already.
Jun 5, 2012, 1:07 PM EDT
That’s key, considering he’s GM Glen Sather’s assistant.
Jun 5, 2012, 8:45 AM EDT
Somewhere someone is quoting Dennis Green. That and more in the Morning Skate.
May 24, 2012, 1:37 PM EDT
Other than the natural hat trick Messier scored, of course.
Feb 16, 2012, 8:30 AM EDT
Coaches who like to yell (check).
Dec 23, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
Bet you never thought you’d get to watch Dan Blackburn play hockey again.
Dec 16, 2011, 3:13 PM EDT
And the Canucks wanted the Mark Messier that was a good hockey player, so I guess they’re even.
Dec 9, 2011, 7:00 AM EDT
A night filled with milestones for the likes of Marian Hossa, Jonathan Toews, Ray Whitney, and Jose Theodore. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Nov 25, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT
The Winter Classic alumni game will feature a load of former stars for the Flyers and Rangers, but there’s a few notable omissions.
Nov 6, 2011, 7:17 PM EDT
Take that, Slater!
Oct 28, 2011, 10:55 AM EDT
Consider our dreams crushed. Wayne Gretzky says he won’t be participating in the Winter Classic alumni game.
Oct 26, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT
While the Flyers are going all out for their team in the Alumni Game at the Winter Classic, the Rangers could make it a must-see game with the addition of The Great One.
Oct 14, 2011, 1:16 PM EDT
Mark Messier will participate in the New York City Marathon for the challenge and benefit of two charities.
Sep 12, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
The Rangers justified many people’s expectations by handing the captaincy to popular forward Ryan Callahan. Marc Staal and Brad Richards will serve as alternates.
Jun 7, 2011, 1:36 PM EDT
Take a look at the 2011 Mark Messier Leadership finalists: Zdeno Chara, Shane Doan and Nicklas Lidstrom.
Jan 18, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
Let’s celebrate Mark Messier’s 50th birthday with a look back at his great career.
Nov 20, 2010, 2:30 PM EDT
The 50,000th all-time NHL game will be played tonight. Let’s take a look at some of the most interesting numbers.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)