Sep 22, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The family of former Los Angeles Kings scout Mark Bavis has settled their lawsuit with United Airlines over what they feel was a lack of safety concerning his fateful flight on September 11, 2001.
Sep 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The Kings’ annual fan event will take place on Sunday, marking the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that took the lives of Kings scouts Garnet “Ace” Bailey and Mark Bavis. The team hopes to generate charitable donations in their honor.
May 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The title says five thoughts, but it’s one piece of news that found its way into the hockey world in one way or another over the last ten years.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35