Sep 22, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The family of former Los Angeles Kings scout Mark Bavis has settled their lawsuit with United Airlines over what they feel was a lack of safety concerning his fateful flight on September 11, 2001.
Sep 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The Kings’ annual fan event will take place on Sunday, marking the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that took the lives of Kings scouts Garnet “Ace” Bailey and Mark Bavis. The team hopes to generate charitable donations in their honor.
May 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The title says five thoughts, but it’s one piece of news that found its way into the hockey world in one way or another over the last ten years.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)