Sep 22, 2011, 8:15 AM EDT
The family of former Los Angeles Kings scout Mark Bavis has settled their lawsuit with United Airlines over what they feel was a lack of safety concerning his fateful flight on September 11, 2001.
Sep 10, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
The Kings’ annual fan event will take place on Sunday, marking the 10-year anniversary of the 9/11 attacks that took the lives of Kings scouts Garnet “Ace” Bailey and Mark Bavis. The team hopes to generate charitable donations in their honor.
May 2, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The title says five thoughts, but it’s one piece of news that found its way into the hockey world in one way or another over the last ten years.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 4
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 19
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 9
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 33
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)