Mar 17, 2012, 9:59 AM EST
With two afternoon games this weekend, Philly hopes to turn it around with the sun up. That and more in the Morning Skate.
Mar 10, 2012, 11:50 PM EST
The Penguins have won eight in a row heading into their battle with the Bruins.
Mar 10, 2012, 4:55 PM EST
In case you forgot he’s a force of nature, here’s your reminder.
Mar 9, 2012, 3:29 PM EST
Status for Saturday’s game vs. Boston up in the air.
Feb 6, 2012, 1:08 PM EST
Laich hasn’t missed a game due to injury since the 2009-2010 season.
Jan 25, 2012, 5:21 PM EST
20-year-old Swede goes back to AHL Oklahoma City.
Jan 5, 2012, 12:28 PM EST
Russia beats Canada, Alzner pays up.
Nov 23, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Joel Ward sleeps in, feels the wrath.
Nov 10, 2011, 2:33 PM EST
Changes could be coming down the middle following a 5-2 loss to Dallas.
Oct 10, 2011, 10:46 PM EST
It was an awful night for Tomas Vokoun and a bad one for the Capitals’ top scorers, but pluggers like Jason Chimera and Troy Brouwer saved the day. The Lightning shouldn’t be pleased with their play either, though.
Oct 8, 2011, 11:10 AM EST
Remember how Marcus Johansson was going to be the breakout player for the Caps? Mathieu Perreault must not have been listening to all that.
Oct 3, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Can the Capitals finally get over the hump in a pivotal 2011-12 season? It’s hard to say no after they added a legitimate top goalie in Tomas Vokoun.
Jul 14, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
Two small moves so far today: the Senators re-signed solid young forward Bobby Butler while the Flames sent a fifth round pick to the Devils for Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblond. (Update: the Ducks also added Matt Smaby.)
Jul 12, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Eric Fehr says he was stunned by being traded out of Washington but he should’ve seen the writing on the wall when Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer were brought in and the Caps being in a salary cap bind.
Jul 1, 2011, 8:00 AM EST
It’s free agent day and Brad Richards is the biggest prize on the market. But where will he go? Here’s five places we think he’s got a great shot at landing at.
Apr 21, 2011, 12:29 AM EST
The Rangers held a 3-0 lead in Game 4. Once the third period rolled around, the Caps took over and showed the heart of a team gearing up for a deeper run winning in double overtime thanks to Jason Chimera… And Marian Gaborik.
Apr 6, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
James Reimer stays with Marcus Johansson to keep the score tied halfway through the 3rd period of Tuesday’s Leafs/Caps game.
Mar 15, 2011, 11:21 PM EST
The Capitals run their win streak to a season-high nine straight games and continue to keep pace with the Flyers for the top spot in the Eastern Conference.
Mar 7, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Safe to say the Caps missed Alexander Semin while he was out injured. His overtime goal against Florida showed one of the biggest reasons why.
Feb 21, 2011, 1:00 PM EST
Who scored last week’s best goal? The candidates are: Alex Ovechkin, Devin Setoguchi, Matt Calvert, Marcus Johansson, Pavel Datsyuk, Mikhail Grabovski and Alex Tanguay.
Feb 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Alex Ovechkin’s juggling act and aggressive rush through the Sabres defense set up Marcus Johansson’s Goal of the Night for February 20th.
Feb 20, 2011, 3:31 PM EST
In a battle between teams in need of a win, the Capitals come out on top 2-1 over the Sabres in Buffalo.
Feb 15, 2011, 12:25 AM EST
Washington’s struggles continue, meanwhile the Coyotes grab the lead in the Pacific Division with their win.
Feb 6, 2011, 4:16 PM EST
Did you miss out on the Caps beating the Penguins today? Don’t worry we’ve got all the goals from their 3-0 win over Pittsburgh.
Feb 6, 2011, 3:29 PM EST
The Capitals shut out the Penguins 3-0 in NBC’s Game of the Week. The contest ended in an ugly fashion thanks to a knee-to-knee hit by Matt Cooke on Alex Ovechkin.
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 57
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 6
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 18
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 56
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (70)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (58)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)